Sarkozy and Merkel call for 'true economic government' to save eurozone

Started by jimmy olsen, August 17, 2011, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote from: Razgovory on August 18, 2011, 12:05:53 PM
Is the US really the finical center of the world?  I thought it was London.

New York and London are, I believe, the cities with the largest financial sectors.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: citizen k on August 18, 2011, 12:57:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 18, 2011, 12:25:12 AM
Quotethat characterizes the economies that are too close to the american economical sphere of influence

:huh:

In Martim's world, if it's bad, it's American.

The USSR... Filled to the brim with Americans! Probably ambassadors.

Richard Hakluyt

They are on a par, with London maybe having the edge in the past decade or so. Perhaps more importantly the UK economy is only a sixth the size of the US economy, so while the financial services are still a big deal in NY and the USA they are completely central to the current UK economy.

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 18, 2011, 02:54:03 PM

They are on a par, with London maybe having the edge in the past decade or so. Perhaps more importantly the UK economy is only a sixth the size of the US economy, so while the financial services are still a big deal in NY and the USA they are completely central to the current UK economy.

I guess London is preferred to NY by the RIC out of BRIC and Middle Eastern finance.