Obama says he could be open to probe of interrogation methods

Started by Savonarola, April 21, 2009, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Well, you are certainly safe from at least one of those old chap  :hug:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Savonarola on April 21, 2009, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2009, 03:48:45 PM
Me too.  Having him tried and convicted beforehand would be a bonus as well.

That shouldn't be a problem.  The case against Gonzales is open and shut. The only thing missing is something to charge him with.

How about perjury and obstruction of justice.  Last I checked those were crimes.

This isn't new - the last administration (Mukasey) opened the criminal investigation into Gonzales.  It's far from mere leftist tin foilery.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eochaid

It's been a while

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 22, 2009, 01:51:38 AM
Is this thread against the CIA?

I have to tell you, the only CIA guy I have ever met was the one that aproved my top secret clearance.
The guy was an asshole. He asked me all the wrong question.
Think Neil interrogating me.

He wasn't military, no ex-military, but a guy that went into the agency out of college, and I could tell that he hated me.
Everything from my accent to my nationality through my service record.
These people live in their own world.
Politics and intelligence.
I don't want anything to do with either.

Don't worry, you are about as far from intelligence as you can get.

I will tell you the CIA types are still leary of Israelis after the Pollard thingy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017