News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Countdown to Looking Glass

Started by Weatherman, April 21, 2009, 10:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Hey it's a young Newt Gingrich!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

We had 80 today too.

I carry my camelback wherever I go.

Thankfully we don't have any ranges until Thursday.
A couple of days in tha shade. (Today and tomorrow)

By the way, this old dog is shooting targets a 1200m. TWELVE fucking HUNDRED meters.
Static targets, granted, but fuck man, mindblowing.

Keep in mind that I had never EVER before trained to engage targets beyond 300m.
Beyond that there is no tactical value for the kind of missions I am ussually ordered to acomplish.

My longest shot in Iraq was 175m.
My longest shot in Southern Lebanon was 280m.
My longest shot in Afrikaa was 250m.

I have engaged targets up to 500m, but it have been surpresing fire from vehicle mounted weapons (M2 .50 cal and M240 7.62mm MGs).  I don't really know the effect my fire had on those dudes at that range. Not that I want to know.

Anyway, the training I have been getting lately, is mindblowing.
1200m, dude. 1200m. Center mass, one shot one kill.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Raz, my buddy in the center, is black.
Can you tell the diference between him, my southern boy on the right, and my stinky jewish ass on the left?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

katmai

All you non latino people look the same to me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Siege looks like a sad puppy in his portrait photo.
:cry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Siege on April 21, 2009, 11:22:10 PM
I deleted my name on my name tag in the last picture, of course.

Why? You already blurted it out before.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Why are there always random pictures of Siege in random threads?

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I saw it as a kid when it first debuted on TV all those many years ago.  Hasn't aged too well.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2009, 05:32:03 AM
Yeah, I saw it as a kid when it first debuted on TV all those many years ago. 

Damn you is old!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2009, 05:34:57 AM

Damn you is old!

Yes, unlike many of you, I actually remember Ronald Reagan scaring the shit out of people.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2009, 05:35:45 AM

Damn you is old!

Yes, unlike many of you, I actually remember Ronald Reagan scaring the shit out of people.

:P

Nah i remember this one and Day After with Steve "police academy" Guttenberg, and oooh oooh WWIII were the plucky ANG tried fighting off the evil rooskies and Brian Keith!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2009, 05:38:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2009, 05:35:45 AM

Damn you is old!

:P

Nah i remember this one and Day After with Steve "police academy" Guttenberg, and oooh oooh WWIII were the plucky ANG tried fighting off the evil rooskies and Brian Keith!

Ugh, The Day After...such a monumental television event, we actually had planned discussions in school the next day.  Too bad it was such a crappy film.  The only thing I remember about that movie was that Kansas City was nuked, and thinking, "well, that's really gonna fuck up the Chiefs' schedule".

"If you'd like to learn more about the arms race and nuclear holocaust, stop by your local library!"

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2009, 05:44:37 AM

Ugh, The Day After...such a monumental television event, we actually had planned discussions in school the next day.  Too bad it was such a crappy film.  The only thing I remember about that movie was that Kansas City was nuked, and thinking, "well, that's really gonna fuck up the Chiefs' schedule".

Yeah I think everybody of our age had somekind of school based discussion after that flick.

Razgovory

I'm not sure how you got "post pictures of myself with military crap" out of "Countdown to looking glass" Siegy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2009, 07:03:17 AM
I'm not sure how you got "post pictures of myself with military crap" out of "Countdown to looking glass" Siegy.

Seige is something of a narcissist, I think. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points