Main Menu

World of Battleships

Started by Syt, August 16, 2011, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Wargaming.net Declares Naval Warfare

QuoteWargaming.net announces World of Battleships game project

16 August 2011, 15:34

Wargaming.net announces World of Battleships, a free-to-play naval action MMO based on epic sea battles of the 20th century that will complete the "World of" war trilogy.

Keeping with the best traditions of the series, World of Battleships will offer a straightforward interface, easy-to-use controls, and a common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three games for the ultimate progress in each of them.

The large assortment of available warships will give various tactical opportunities, as all the machines have a unique combination of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance. Various naval maps with changing weather conditions will enrich the gameplay, and the realistic graphics will transport players into the epic battles that changed the course of human history.

Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi states: "Humans always needed to conquer the elements — earth, water and air. With World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships we will offer players to conquer all."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Somewhere in alberta neighbors have reported a man being tortured. When the mounties showed up they found a man incapacitated by a continuing orgasm. In a near catatonic state the man was taken to hospital muttering only one word again and again "Dreadnaught".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Sadly the "epic sea battles of the 20th century" were decided by carriers. Some players may be disappointed when they bring their battleships.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2011, 10:54:05 AM
Sadly the "epic sea battles of the 20th century" were decided by carriers. Some players may be disappointed when they bring their battleships.
:lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

LaCroix

i never knew the sovetsky soyuz class was the most powerful of all battleship designs ever conceived

Slargos

Quote from: LaCroix on August 16, 2011, 12:18:59 PM
i never knew the sovetsky soyuz class was the most powerful of all battleship designs ever conceived

Indisputable evidence confirms that Soviet ships were built out of superior steel, crewed by the best sailors the world has ever seen, and equipped with electronics that western fleets would only see several decades after the war. Also, it's an arcade game rather than a simulator so it doesn't need to be accurate.

Slargos

Regardless of the inevitability of overpowered Soviet ships and aircraft, it's certainly going to be very interesting to see how they handle these platforms. Tanks are interesting because of the diversity of gameplay and tactics offered by the various platforms and terrain. With WoS and WoP you're basically playing a game of spotting-and-shooting. Sure, some amount of maneuvering will be possible with aircraft and perhaps clouds will serve as "cover" but I just don't see it.

Viking

The Yamato, The Super Yamato, The Z-Plan Ships and The Montana Classes were are designed to be larger... these four ship classes also had (and would have had) the advantage of having fully functional armour.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on August 16, 2011, 01:11:35 PM

The Yamato, The Super Yamato, The Z-Plan Ships and The Montana Classes were are designed to be larger... these four ship classes also had (and would have had) the advantage of having fully functional armour.

These are obvious and self-evident lies and slander of Rodina. Report to your local re-education center immediately!  :mad:

Syt

How would the classes look compared to WoT?

Light Tank = Destroyer?
Medium Tank = Cruiser?
Heavy Tank = Battleship?
Tank Destroyer = Torpedo Boat?
Artillery = ?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Quote from: Syt on August 16, 2011, 01:31:36 PM
How would the classes look compared to WoT?

Light Tank = Destroyer?
Medium Tank = Cruiser?
Heavy Tank = Battleship?
Tank Destroyer = Torpedo Boat?
Artillery = Aircraft Carrier

Something like that, I would presume. Of course, Destroyers and PT boats would be more or less useless so we might see an entirely new structure.

frunk

I'm thinking Submarine for Tank Destroyer.  Torpedo boats a little too light weight.

Slargos

Quote from: frunk on August 16, 2011, 01:57:17 PM
I'm thinking Submarine for Tank Destroyer.  Torpedo boats a little too light weight.

Which would also give Destroyers a role besides scouting. Reasonable assumption.

Berkut

If they have any sense, they won't even have the USSR as a "nation" in the game.

If they go with 3, it should be German, US, Japanese. Or Brit, US, Japanese.

Hell, the Italians should come before the USSR.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 02:11:17 PM
If they have any sense, they won't even have the USSR as a "nation" in the game.

If they go with 3, it should be German, US, Japanese. Or Brit, US, Japanese.

Hell, the Italians should come before the USSR.

:hmm: