News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP debate

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 11, 2011, 08:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Perry is in, it's official. Now the man who called for secession in April 2009 is going for President. After looking over his wiki article, he manages to hit the wrong button on all issues.

- Creationism
- Lack of fiscal good sense
- Pro Life
- Anti Gay
- Against Planned Parenthood
- Believes Israel has a divine right to exist
- Against the HPV vaccine
- At least 234 executions (I'm not against the death penalty, I'm just against diluting it's effect by killing the innocent and the guilty guilty of lesser crimes)
- Global Warming denier

All of course in addition to the 1st Amendment smashing Prayrepalooza where he admitted that he was not competent to solve Texas' problems, so he tries praying and before the results can be tested he decides that not being able to solve Texas' problems makes him competent to solve America's problems.

I'm sorry, but this guy is a full scale red flag for all europeans including virulent atlanticists (that means pro-america) like myself.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Cecil

This cannot last though right? Bachmann and Paul scoring a combined 57% of the vote? Please tell me the average republican has more sense than sending either of those two looney tunes to face Obama.

Neil

Well, Perry might be indispensable now.  Consider that the double-dip recession and his inability to inspire hope or produce change have ended Obama's chance of reelection.  If the GOP nominates Bachmann or Paul, a pall of lunacy will descend upon America that will bring to life all of the MoveOntards worst nightmares about the Bush years (that never came to pass because Bush wasn't retarded or crazy).  If it takes Perry to prevent those imbeciles from gaining power, so be it.

The only other option is that a Democrat beats Obama for the Democratic nomination.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quotebut this guy is a full scale red flag for all europeans

That is all I need to vote for him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 06:45:26 PM
I'm sorry, but this guy is a full scale red flag for all europeans
Doesn't that work in his favour?  If the Europeans like a guy, that probably means he's an incompetent boob.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

The looney lefty yooro will hate all republicans, but atlanticists like myself will hate this guy as well... basically, those of us who were willing to give "W" a chance 11 years ago will not be willing to give this guy a chance at all. Expect not having allies for the period of a Perry or Bachman presidency.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Definitely got my vote then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Gonna have to see how Perry polls vs. Obama, but I may switch from Romney to him.  If Rudy seems likely to be his VP, then I'd pretty much support him by default.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 06:58:56 PM
The looney lefty yooro will hate all republicans, but atlanticists like myself will hate this guy as well... basically, those of us who were willing to give "W" a chance 11 years ago will not be willing to give this guy a chance at all. Expect not having allies for the period of a Perry or Bachman presidency.
Who would even notice?

Viking

Quote from: Neil on August 13, 2011, 07:01:45 PM
Who would even notice?

Being Canadian you would notice.

derspiess

I count on having zero Euro allies with any Republican president in office.  You guys will assume the 'worst' of anyone with an R next to his name
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 13, 2011, 07:01:45 PM
Who would even notice?
Being Canadian you would notice.
Why?  Canada's government is liable to be friendly to the US whether it's Obama, Perry or even one of the crazies.

Viking

Rick Perry is an idiot that panders to the most idiotic tendencies in the loony right. For the sake of your own country don't let a loon like Perry become president. I'm not saying vote Obama, I'm saying don't vote Batshit.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 07:07:10 PM
Rick Perry is an idiot that panders to the most idiotic tendencies in the loony right. For the sake of your own country don't let a loon like Perry become president. I'm not saying vote Obama, I'm saying don't vote Batshit.
If the choice is between Perry and Bachmann, then you have to choose Perry.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Cecil on August 13, 2011, 06:46:00 PM
This cannot last though right? Bachmann and Paul scoring a combined 57% of the vote? Please tell me the average republican has more sense than sending either of those two looney tunes to face Obama.

The straw poll is a totally manufactured event.  To cast a vote you have to travel across the state to the polling site and you have to pay ($30?).  So what it's really measuring is the financial ability of each candidate to pay for free bus rides and polling tickets, as well as the hard-core groupie support.

That being said Iowa Republicans are a pretty wacky bunch so a Bachmann victory in the caucus (which is a lot more real than the straw poll but still kind of fake) is not out of the question.