Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Don't worry Britons, Hulk Hogan will help you out.

QuoteHulk Hogan Talks London Riots on BBC Radio: "I'll Body Slam the Youth"

In a bizarre interview with BBC radio, one of the most unlikely American celebrities offered his take on the current upheaval — pro wrestler Hulk Hogan.

"Y'know, it doesn't really matter if Hulk Hogan's over there bodyslamming all the youth like I did Andre the Giant but, at the end of the day, we need to grab these kids, shake them, and say 'Stop! Regroup! Just look at yourself in the mirror," he said on Richard Bacon's BBC radio show this morning, via Mediaite. "Is this what you want the mirror image of your life to be? Is this what you want your destiny to be?"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

He seems to have more ideas what to do than Britain's ruling class  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 10, 2011, 05:09:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 04:44:42 AM
Sounds like Britain is turning into the set up for "V for Vendetta". Lovely.
V for Vendetta opens with Prothero concluding a TV speech with, "No one escapes their past. No one escapes Judgment. You think he's not up there? You think he's not watching over this country? How else can you explain it? He tested us, but we came through. We did what we had to do. Islington. Enfield. I was there, I saw it all. Immigrants, Muslims, homosexuals, terrorists. Disease-ridden degenerates. They had to go. Strength through unity. Unity through faith. I'm a God-fearing Englishman and I'm goddamn proud of it!"

V artist David Lloyd was born here.

Turns out the report of racist chanting has been withdrawn and attributed to Eltham instead.

Yup, that's what I thought too. This could make people following the nasty types, like BNP.

I hope the situation in the UK calms down soon.

Btw, are these riots a normal thing in the UK, you more mature Britons? I heard the UK had riots in the past, during the Thacherite era for example, so maybe this is nothing new.  :huh:

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 06:36:21 AM
Yup, that's what I thought too. This could make people following the nasty types, like BNP.

I hope the situation in the UK calms down soon.

Btw, are these riots a normal thing in the UK, you more mature Britons? I heard the UK had riots in the past, during the Thacherite era for example, so maybe this is nothing new.  :huh:

While the normal english attitude is that riots are what happen when frenchmen sober up and realize they are not englishmen, the truth, is somewhat different...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brixton_Riots

Not so much that they didn't happen, but rather the rather lengthy disambiguation list.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on August 10, 2011, 05:57:24 AM
Don't worry Britons, Hulk Hogan will help you out.

QuoteHulk Hogan Talks London Riots on BBC Radio: "I'll Body Slam the Youth"

In a bizarre interview with BBC radio, one of the most unlikely American celebrities offered his take on the current upheaval — pro wrestler Hulk Hogan.

"Y'know, it doesn't really matter if Hulk Hogan's over there bodyslamming all the youth like I did Andre the Giant but, at the end of the day, we need to grab these kids, shake them, and say 'Stop! Regroup! Just look at yourself in the mirror," he said on Richard Bacon's BBC radio show this morning, via Mediaite. "Is this what you want the mirror image of your life to be? Is this what you want your destiny to be?"

Maybe it could have worked 15 years ago.
I doubt the kids these days have a clue who the hell he is :(
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

There seems to be quite a tradition of riots in England, yes:

Riots in England

Historical    
1355 St Scholastica Day riot · Bawdy House Riots of 1668 · 1793–2011 Bristol riots · 1780 Gordon riots · Ely and Littleport riots 1816 · 1830 Swing riots · 1832 Days of May · 1838 Battle of Bossenden Wood · 1896 Newlyn riots · 1907 Brown Dog riots · 1919 Battle of Bow Street · 1958 Notting Hill race riots

1970s    
1970 Garden House riot · 1971 Priestlley riots · 1975 Chapeltown race riot · 1977 Battle of Lewisham

1980s    
1980 St. Pauls riot · 1981 England riots · 1981 Brixton riot · 1981 Chapeltown race riot · 1981 Toxteth riots · 1981 Moss Side riot · Handsworth race riots · 1985 Brixton riot · 1985 Broadwater Farm riot · 1987 Chapeltown race riot · 1989 Dewsbury race riot

1990s    
1990 Strangeways Prison riot · 1990 Poll Tax riots · 1991 Meadow Well riots · 1995 Manningham riot · 1995 Brixton riot

2000s    
2001 Bradford riots · 2001 England riots · 2001 Oldham race riots · 2001 Harehills riot · 2005 Birmingham race riots

2010s    
2010 UK student protests · 2011 England riots

From wiki, make of that what you will.

Brazen

Within my memory in London alone:
1979 Southall
1981 Brixton
1985 Brixton
1985 Broadwater Farm (Tottenham)
1990 Poll tax riots
1995 Brixton
2010 Student protests

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 10, 2011, 06:50:02 AM
Within my memory in London alone:
1979 Southall
1981 Brixton
1985 Brixton
1985 Broadwater Farm (Tottenham)
1990 Poll tax riots
1995 Brixton
2010 Student protests

Seems like London riots when tories are in power.  :bowler:

Richard Hakluyt

Riots are a part of the British political system, a counterbalance to the overwhelming power of Parliament  ;)

Now there are broadly three possible responses to the current riots; bribe the mob with more welfare goodies, do nothing, or crackdown on the subcultures which have produced this mob violence.

At a guess I would think that the third option has the support of an overwhelming majority, I'm therefore expecting a crackdown by vote-seeking politicians; a limp-wristed British crackdown  :huh:

Ed Anger

I'd like to see every looter with a V for Vendetta mask kicked in the face repeatedly. Awful movie.  :yuk:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Palisadoes

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 06:53:52 AM
Seems like London riots when tories are in power.  :bowler:

Yes, those on the left are much less capable of exercising any self-control. This is probably why they support nanny-statism.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on August 10, 2011, 05:14:40 AM
From Reuters:
QuoteSales of baseball bats and batons have shot up more than 5,000 percent in the last 24 hours on Amazon's British website, as London suffered its worst violent unrest in decades.

Seven of the top 10 'movers and shakers' in Amazon's sports and leisure list were baseball bats of various kinds, their sales since Monday rising between 1,756 percent and 5,149 percent.

A "military police telescopic baton," described by the manufacturer as useful for "effective self-defence with extra reach," was the 110th best selling item among Amazon's sports and leisure customers, up from a ranking of 5,622 just 24 hours ago. Actual sale number of the items are not given.

Many Londoners have questioned how rioters had been able to loot and ransack shops on Monday night with impunity, with the stretched police force criticised for its inability to cope and reluctance to use heavy tactics.

The Metropolitan police have vowed "robust" action which may include rubber bullets if disorder breaks out for a fourth day on Tuesday.

Amazon UK could not immediately be reached for comment.

This makes me seriously lol
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Typical bloody Cameron announcing water cannon would be available as a contingency measure just as I wrote an op ed on why non-lethal weapons would not be used  :mad: