News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I guess I've fallen down on my CFL boosterism. :(

And nobody asked me about who the halftime act was going to be.

It's none other than the man, the myth, the legend, the hair - Justin Bieber!   :huh:

Thinking about it it's probably a good call.  I like that the Grey Cup likes to take hip and current musicians, rather than follow the Superbowl's example and pick the music stars of 20, 30 or 40 years ago.  I also like that they're unafraid to bring non-Canadian acts (although they are often Canadians, like Bieber).  I'm not a fan, but then again I'd be watching the game no matter what.

As for the game itself - should be a good match.  Both teams have been hot the last couple months.  Looking forward to it. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I should have been excited about the season this year but didnt go to one game.  The only game I watched was the Western final  - and had a nap through most of that.

The NFL is also pretty boring most of the time.  Either the games are blow outs or low scoring grindfests.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2012, 01:04:58 PM
Thinking about it it's probably a good call.  I like that the Grey Cup likes to take hip and current musicians, rather than follow the Superbowl's example and pick the music stars of 20, 30 or 40 years ago.
They tried with a newer generation.  A titty was shown on public television.  Many americans are apparently still having nightmares about it.  :(

QuoteI also like that they're unafraid to bring non-Canadian acts (although they are often Canadians, like Bieber).  I'm not a fan, but then again I'd be watching the game no matter what.
I find this strange.  Bieber's crowd is young female teenagers.  Not adult men who usually watch football.  I doubt they'll convince the young girls of watching the entire football game just for Bieber.

As for the game itself - should be a good match.  Both teams have been hot the last couple months.  Looking forward to it. :)
Somehow, I feel a lot less interest in my friends for this game than previous years... ;)
Anyway, I'll probably end up watching part of it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Well hardly the most exciting game ever. :(

They certainly did a nice job producing the show though, I'll give them that.  Nice to see Doug Floutie of all people make an appearance.

katmai

Who the fuck is Doug Floutie?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Janet Jackson /= Newer generation.  Timberlake, yes, but it wasn't his titty that popped out.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

:cool:

Training camps started this week.  Looking at the Bombers roster...  well at least there's a shiny new Stadium to get people excited about.   :)

Grey Fox

Get ready for the Ottawa RedBlacks! Advance!

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2013, 08:23:02 AM

I don't hate that name. :)

crazy canuck

AllBlacks was taken :(

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2013, 09:18:40 AM

You should, it stinks of modernism. They should have been name the '67 senators.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2013, 11:38:01 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2013, 09:18:40 AM

You should, it stinks of modernism. They should have been name the '67 senators.

But it doesn't.  At least half of the CFL teams are often called by their colours - the Green & white, Green & gold, Blue & gold, double blue

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2013, 12:20:14 PM
But it doesn't.  At least half of the CFL teams are often called by their colours - the Green & white, Green & gold, Blue & gold, double blue

And those of us who can read and write use their actual names.

Barrister

It's good to have football back.  :cool:

Investors Group Field looks outstanding. :w00t:

AND... they're still the same old Bombers.  Not terrible, but not winning. <_<

MadBurgerMaker

Watching my first CFL game in a while (Saskatchewan vs. Edmonton).  The WRs running toward the LOS prior to the snap still bugs the hell out of me.  Wish they'd cut that shit out.