News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2012, 01:58:59 PM
I am amazed Buck Pierce lasted this long without another injury.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

If I could find the other thread where I told you so, I would say I told you so.

Barrister

After tonight's game:

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Neil

9/34. :pinch:

Looking forward to Labour Day?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2012, 10:26:30 PM
9/34. :pinch:

Looking forward to Labour Day?

Right now I'm looking forward to the start of the NHL season.

Oh wait.

:bleeding:

Neil

Only 1 week until NFL training camps open, and then a month until the cut down.  Maybe the Bombers can improve then.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2012, 10:40:52 PM
Only 1 week until NFL training camps open, and then a month until the cut down.  Maybe the Bombers can improve then.

That is the traditional time of the CFL re-shuffle. :)

Barrister

Rejoice American sports fans!  NBC Sports is going to show 14 CFL games, plus all playoff games!   :cool:

Neil

NBC must really have fallen on hard times.  Still, I guess it's better than college ball.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 23, 2012, 12:51:17 PM
NBC must really have fallen on hard times.  Still, I guess it's better than college ball.

Better than the Notre Dame shit they have. NBC's brown nosing of the Golden Domers.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Bear in mind that NBC Sports is the channel that showed 24-hour coverage of the Tour de France and now is showing fishing...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on July 23, 2012, 01:00:53 PM
Bear in mind that NBC Sports is the channel that showed 24-hour coverage of the Tour de France and now is showing fishing...

Indeed - they must be pretty hard up for programming if they're going to show the CFL.  I mean (looking at it from a US point of view) the games are amusing enough if there's nothing else on, but the playoffs in particular run right up against NFL games in November.  Unless you're a die-hard CFL fan (and how many of those are there in the US) who is going to skip the NFL to watch CFL?

Ed Anger

Oh, NBC sports and not the big boy channel. Never mind my previous post.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

NBC Sports is it's own channel?  And from the sounds of it, a terrible one.

Then again, right now the US is in the middle of the Sports Doldrums.  Between the Stanley Cup and the beginning of the NFL season is a terrible, bleak no man's land for sports fans.  Although I guess some people find it in them to enjoy college football.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 01:02:57 PM

Indeed - they must be pretty hard up for programming if they're going to show the CFL.  I mean (looking at it from a US point of view) the games are amusing enough if there's nothing else on, but the playoffs in particular run right up against NFL games in November.  Unless you're a die-hard CFL fan (and how many of those are there in the US) who is going to skip the NFL to watch CFL?
Hell, I wouldn't do that.