And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Thank God the CFL is back.

Go Bombers!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Poor Bombers.  Not everybody gets to dominate like the Riders.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 29, 2012, 11:27:55 PM

Yes.  The 'Riders are the definition of "dominate". :rolleyes:

Syt

On July 21st the Vienna Vikings will play the Calanda Broncos from Switzerland for the Eurobowl. The game will be held in Vaduz, Liechtenstein (in previous years the Eurobowl would be held in Vienna if the Vikings were playing).  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2012, 11:39:42 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 29, 2012, 11:27:55 PM

Yes.  The 'Riders are the definition of "dominate". :rolleyes:
They were tonight.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

"We didn't have an opportunity to go 18-0 last year, this year we do." - Arland Bruce.

Neil

Sure they did.  Every team has the opportunity, but none of them will.

Sophie Scholl

To help celebrate, I just sent for my copy of Discover Canada, the government publication for the curious and the potential future citizen. :Canuck:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

The worst part of the CFL isn't the changes in rules, or the quality of the players, but the quality of the officials.  So many fucking flags.

Grey Fox

What a come back! Go Als!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Blue Bombers seem to be pretty bad.  But not as bad as the officiating.

Barrister

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2012, 10:30:27 PM
:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
The worst part was when they spent 15 minutes trying to decide which Winnipeg player to eject and then decided that they weren't going to do so after all, after a video review on a penalty?  But that didn't change the penalty situation.

And then Winnipeg proceeds to throw an interception, and on the next drive they get stuffed on 2nd and 1 by awful blocking, and then on 3rd and 1 run the worst option play I've ever seen.  I know that the first two QBs got hurt, but that was just terrible.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 13, 2012, 11:05:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2012, 10:30:27 PM
:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
The worst part was when they spent 15 minutes trying to decide which Winnipeg player to eject and then decided that they weren't going to do so after all, after a video review on a penalty?  But that didn't change the penalty situation.

And then Winnipeg proceeds to throw an interception, and on the next drive they get stuffed on 2nd and 1 by awful blocking, and then on 3rd and 1 run the worst option play I've ever seen.  I know that the first two QBs got hurt, but that was just terrible.

Indeed.  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

crazy canuck

I am amazed Buck Pierce lasted this long without another injury.