Refractory Gauls, or the French politics thread

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 26, 2021, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

He claimed to be Jupiterian, so Ganymede would make sense.  :P

Josquius

This is good news.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/04/parisians-vote-in-favour-of-tripling-parking-costs-for-suvs

Interesting to see one of those silly super low turnout referendums going the right way for once.
I wonder if the French greens learned from the scooter thing and we will see more of these.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Wont effect residents. Greens get to pat themselves on the back but nothing much done.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2024, 03:45:04 AMWont effect residents. Greens get to pat themselves on the back but nothing much done.

Its not exactly world changing but I don't see how it won't do anything?
It provides a disincentive to buying an SUV; and I do know running costs, taxes, etc... are issues for many in buying cars.
And even for those rich people who don't care.... well more money is being taken from them for the privilege. If they don't care then that's fine, make them pay as much as possible.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2024, 03:45:04 AMWont effect residents. Greens get to pat themselves on the back but nothing much done.

Yes, it will. Only tradesmen and very small SUVs will be exempted. It's true some huge, gas-guzzling sedans will be affected as well.  :P

Those bad and cowardly drivers hiding in their ugly SUVs had it coming.  :P   :lol:

Can't remember hear them about the poor being disproportionately hit when diesels were banned, not just car parks rates being tripled.

The effect won't be as dramatic as getting rid of the rental e-scooters and their even more idiotic riders, but still a positive.

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 05, 2024, 10:54:26 AM

Yes, it will. Only tradesmen and very small SUVs will be exempted. It's true some huge, gas-guzzling sedans will be affected as well.  :P

Those bad and cowardly drivers hiding in their ugly SUVs had it coming.  :P   :lol:

Can't remember hear them about the poor being disproportionately hit when diesels were banned, not just car parks rates being tripled.

The effect won't be as dramatic as getting rid of the rental e-scooters and their even more idiotic riders, but still a positive.

Article said residents were exempt, unless I misread. If that's not the case I take it back.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.