UK moves to the lead when it comes to white trash

Started by Martinus, August 04, 2011, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2011, 01:46:41 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 04, 2011, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 04, 2011, 09:10:54 AM
They're taking a picture.  What do you want, a fucking Frenchman frown, so that when their newborn child is twenty she can look back and see how badly she ruined her parents' lives?

This is ugly journalism, designed to have people congratulate themselves on not having children when they were 14.  Oh, respect to that.  Did you all manage to finish high school too?
It seems that, to Josephus, having kids = having sex = being a slut.

There are people like that They are similar to those who would excuse abortions in cases of rape and incest but otherwise ban it.  Live with it.

Oh come on. The thread title  uses the term "white trash" which pretty much covers the slant of the thread. It doesn't say Uk moves to the lead when it comes to nice young teenagers having coital relations with each other.

Any my point was the gist of the article and the picture. If my 14 year old daughter got knocked up, I'd like to keep it out of the daily press, yeah. We certainly wouldn't have a family pic of all of us smiling in the paper. I'm happy for them and all that but there's nothing particular to be proud of.

Calling them attention whores may be warranted. I would expect this to be a news story regardless of whether they wanted the attention though.

Calling them sluts because they had children early? Does not follow.

Josephus

I was using hyperbole, which I'm convinced is not the first time that's been used on this forum. Sheesh. Tough crowd tonight. It's OK to call them white trash, though.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Slargos

Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2011, 01:52:41 PM
I was using hyperbole, which I'm convinced is not the first time that's been used on this forum. Sheesh. Tough crowd tonight. It's OK to call them white trash, though.

Your definition of hyperbole appears to be as functional as Marti's definition of analogy.  :P

Josephus

How Marti defines anal stuff is neither here nor there. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011