News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Might've caught a bug

Started by Slargos, July 31, 2011, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Firefox just started randomly sending me to strange pages when I click on links, and just now it stopped connecting entirely, and I found out that it was going through localhost port 5xxxx something or other before moving on.

I'm running Security Essentials, and it hasn't complained about anything although it did intercept a trojan the other day, and just before the connection blew up it asked me about a couple of files that were "uncategorized" that it wanted to send to Microsoft "for evaluation".

Sound like anything anyone is familiar with?

Slargos

I've got something called "Sesam Virtual Adapter" under network connections. Can't recall that being there before.

Slargos

Both Firefox and Internet Explorer were set to use localhost:54424 as a proxy. Definitely a bug.

Mother fucker.

garbon

After this last bug I picked up, I got the no script plug-in. Seems to have helped. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Sounds like a clickjacking attempt.

First of all, check your hosts file; it should be C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.  Open it with notepad or the plain text editor of your choice.  Make sure there are no entries without a # in front (unless you know you put some there- I do have some).
Experience bij!

Slargos

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 31, 2011, 10:49:58 PM
Sounds like a clickjacking attempt.

First of all, check your hosts file; it should be C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts.  Open it with notepad or the plain text editor of your choice.  Make sure there are no entries without a # in front (unless you know you put some there- I do have some).

Hosts only has one I put in there.

Removing the proxy has cured the symptoms, but I've scanned with Security Essentials and Malware Defender and they both come up with nothing but the usual complaints about "hack tools".

Obviously the thing is still here. I just hope it's not a keylogger like last time.  :ph34r: