Giffords in House for first time since shooting

Started by garbon, August 01, 2011, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 02, 2011, 04:03:14 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2011, 11:20:02 PM
Carter inherited a crap economy and passed on a crap economy.  The Dubya inherited economic gold and turned it into economic horseshit.  But blaming him is unfair, IMO.  The voters actually gave him a second term, knowing what was coming.  That's why their complaints about higher taxes get so little sympathy from me.

Blaming him is unfair because the President doesn't hold the power to magically fix the economy. Nor does Congress. Their efforts to do so probably hurt more than they helped, but our current problems were unavoidable, short of nuclear strikes on China and India.

No, but they have the power to wreck it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 01, 2011, 10:32:44 PM
Good to see Rep. Giffords isn't so mentally retarded as to be unable to stumble into Congress and cast a vote.
I think it is a rather low bar. ;)

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on August 02, 2011, 09:47:21 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 01, 2011, 10:32:44 PM
Good to see Rep. Giffords isn't so mentally retarded as to be unable to stumble into Congress and cast a vote.
I think it is a rather low bar. ;)

No shit, I would put more stock in my teen-aged daughters and 3 cats than those idiots.