The Amazing Adventures of Tyr Tyrson in the Land of the Chrysanthemum Throne

Started by Josquius, July 31, 2011, 03:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on July 31, 2011, 03:58:03 PM
I always thought there was a different word for a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish like there is a word for those who do eat chicken.

How can one be a vegetarian if he eats chicken?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on July 31, 2011, 04:56:08 PM
If it it was, he'd have unveiled his new idea to swim to Hokkaido, and we'd be all trying to talk him out of it.

Don't be silly. He'd get one of these:

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: TyrStrange she wouldn't eat fish, most veggies do. I always thought there was a different word for a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish like there is a word for those who do eat chicken.

The word for someone with a principally vegetarian diet who does eat fish is "pesco-vegetarian" or "pescetarian."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on August 01, 2011, 02:45:58 AM
Quote from: TyrStrange she wouldn't eat fish, most veggies do. I always thought there was a different word for a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish like there is a word for those who do eat chicken.

The word for someone with a principally vegetarian diet who does eat fish is "pesco-vegetarian" or "pescetarian."

hypocrite would be more apt

Eddie Teach

Not really, fish are clearly inferior animals to mammals and birds.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Tamas

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on July 31, 2011, 08:01:00 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 31, 2011, 05:45:43 PM
Is there kosher food in Japan?
I would hope not.  The Japanese know better than to accommodate the habits of inferior cultures.

I can't think of any culture that is inferior.  Who else produces anime?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on August 01, 2011, 02:50:57 AM
hypocrite would be more apt
Imbecile better still.  That's what you call someone who attempts to over-moralize their diet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Real people don't use that term.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.