Ashley Olsen Spotted Sporting $39,000 Backpack By The Row

Started by garbon, July 27, 2011, 05:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on August 04, 2011, 04:12:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 04, 2011, 04:08:34 PM
I genuinely have no idea what's he's going on about.
Excellent!  If you could understand it, it wouldn't be worth saying.

If that's your post philosophy why not just post everything in French or something?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on August 04, 2011, 04:11:02 PM
Don't look:
:huh: Seems ok to me. 

I have a math degree, and I still couldn't decipher your post.  WTF are X, Y, Z supposed to be, how are they supposed to be related to each other?  Is X supposed to be higher than Z, or lower?  And what's the significance of Y appearing in both options?

I've seen actuarial exams written better than this.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 04:20:51 PM
I have a math degree, and I still couldn't decipher your post.  WTF are X, Y, Z supposed to be, how are they supposed to be related to each other?  Is X supposed to be higher than Z, or lower?  And what's the significance of Y appearing in both options?

I've seen actuarial exams written better than this.
I see the problems, which are two.  First, in English, X, Y, and Z are often used as "stand-ins."  They don't mean anything themselves, but are supposed to represent unspecified other things.  In fact, there is a famous case called "The XYZ Affair" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_Affair where the X and Y and Z stood in for the names fo the supposed French agents.

There are no math terms in my post, so your degree doesn't help.  X and Y and Z are not necessarily related at all.

Second, matters are worsened by my typo that used "Z and Y" rather than "X and Y" in "...it is better to have Z and Y and higher taxes..." Context may have helped some people see this as merely a typo (since I summarize talking about X and Y, and "X and Y" are commonly used in English) but I would not expect this of you, and apologize for the confusion my typo caused you.

Oh, and my use of "only a DGuller" was merely playful, as even you don't advocate that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Gotcha.  That does make much more sense now that I know that you meant X by Z, and that does remove the algebraic nature of your post.

Drakken

Well well, this went in a totally original way... From puke Olsen to starving Somalians to starving Swedes to dumb Swedes to silly arguments about Scandinavian climate and algebra.

There must be a theme somewhere in there.  :hmm:

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on August 04, 2011, 08:45:18 PM
Well well, this went in a totally original way... From puke Olsen to starving Somalians to starving Swedes to dumb Swedes to silly arguments about Scandinavian climate and algebra.

There must be a theme somewhere in there.  :hmm:

Forget it Jake. It's Languishtown.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 04, 2011, 11:11:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 29, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2011, 06:27:14 PM
They are likely equivalent, as both are probably dead by now.

I know this is Languish, but saying a dead child is equal to a dead bug is still pretty low, even for you, Raz.

Wow it warms my heart to see you coming out in favor of children Marty :cry:

I was actually coming out in favor of bugs.  :huh:

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2011, 08:49:05 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 04, 2011, 11:11:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 29, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2011, 06:27:14 PM
They are likely equivalent, as both are probably dead by now.

I know this is Languish, but saying a dead child is equal to a dead bug is still pretty low, even for you, Raz.

Wow it warms my heart to see you coming out in favor of children Marty :cry:

I was actually coming out in favor of bugs.  :huh:

You're calling somali children bugs now? CLASSY.  :rolleyes:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 28, 2011, 04:52:36 PM

Ok, Yi. If your argument against helping this child:

is that it is unlikely to repay you back, then I really see no point discussing anything with you any further.

You know, this picture made me realize that I now trust the Somalis much more then I have in the past.  I still only trust them about as far as I can throw one, but with the recent famine that's a much greater distance then it was before.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

You know Siege,  I like you and all, but you can be really creepy sometimes.

Neil

Yep.

You know, Miley Cyrus is going to be incredibly fat when she gets older.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.