Ashley Olsen Spotted Sporting $39,000 Backpack By The Row

Started by garbon, July 27, 2011, 05:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

News at 10. Some people on Languish are sensitive to conspicuous consumption.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

You can buy a house for that in the Midwest or Wales. But I'd rather have the backpack.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2011, 07:39:53 PM
They killed Heath Ledger.

They should get a medal.
They did? :unsure:

What do you have against Ledger?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 28, 2011, 04:17:54 AM
What do you have against Ledger?

Had long hair in several movies, played a gay dude, used drugs?

Ed doesn't really need a reason to hate on people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pat

Clearly a very good example of efficient allocation of resources according to the laws of supply and demand. Meanwhile, somewhere else: someone starving because there is no demand to supply food.

Neil

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 07:47:36 AM
Clearly a very good example of efficient allocation of resources according to the laws of supply and demand. Meanwhile, somewhere else: someone starving because there is no demand to supply food.
Not in the civilized world they aren't.  As for the locusts of the Third World, let them starve.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Slargos

Pat

Quote from: Neil on July 28, 2011, 08:13:16 AM
Not in the civilized world they aren't.  As for the locusts of the Third World, let them starve.

A narrow interpretation that misses the wider point. I could rephrase: "Meanwhile, somewhere else: someone lacking X because the demand for it is not acknowledged as a real demand)".

garbon

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 08:31:45 AM
A narrow interpretation that misses the wider point. I could rephrase: "Meanwhile, somewhere else: someone lacking X because there is no demand to supply it (while clearly the person in question does have a demand for it)".

They should be more aggressive in their demands then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pat

Being aggressive in your demands is generally frowned upon and labelled theft.

Drakken

Horrible crime against humanity, crocodile skin accessories are so 1990s.

garbon

garbon

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 08:37:31 AM
Being aggressive in your demands is generally frowned upon and labelled theft.

They clearly don't want it enough then.

HVC

How does her not buying a bag (or the suppliers not making a bag) feed a hungry person? If anyhing the VAT and sales tax from her purchase well flow into welfair and poverty programs making it more likely hypothetical hungry person will get fed.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.