Heck no, I get robbed daily by [insert ethnic slur here]
6 (10.3%)
Yes, some change for when the need arises
29 (50%)
I carry enough cash for a week's use
19 (32.8%)
I mostly pay with cash, even my bills
2 (3.4%)
My name is Glenn Beck, and I only pay with gold. Or beets.
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Zanza

I always carry some cash, usually between say 20 and 100 Euro. I often pay in cash for groceries and usually in bars and restaurants too. However, I reguarly spend all my cash and then I pay most stuff with the debit card.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2011, 09:41:17 AM
Isn't it extremely impractical to not have EZ pass?  I often see very long traffic backups to the manned booths, and zero traffic to the EZ pass booths, in places like Holland Tunnel on the Jersey side (which generates very dangerous traffic patterns, among other things).

I generally head up to Boston and don't typically have issues with the Triboro(RFK!) or Whitestone bridges. Would have been nice when I drove down to Wildwood though.  Also would be beneficial just for ease on the Mass turnpike. That's why I'm lame. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

barkdreg

I get payed in cash. Only thing I don't pay in cash are the rent and utility bills.

Norgy

Quote from: barkdreg on July 27, 2011, 10:03:31 AM
I get payed in cash. Only thing I don't pay in cash are the rent and utility bills.

How's the protection business these days?  :hmm:

KRonn

I always carry some cash. For buying gasoline, or smaller stuff like coffee, lunch, or small shopping amounts. I pay by credit or debit card most of my bigger shopping purchase amounts.

Josquius

Of course.
I pay with cash wherever I can. Hated it in Holland and Sweden the way I had to go via a bank for my bills.
██████
██████
██████

ulmont

I withdraw cash from the bank periodically, but only for the occasional taxi or bar tab.  Everything else is paid by debit or credit card.

Paying in cash just means I end up with more fucking pennies in my pocket.

Razgovory

I rarely use cash.  Just the debit card now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

I usually carry a couple of hundred pounds, when it falls below a hundred I take another two hundred out. I prefer paying for things in cash unless they are quite expensive, it makes the bank statement simpler apart from anything else.

Habbaku

I don't carry any appreciable amount of cash.  I think I have $11 in my wallet right now, for instance.  I pay with everything via credit/debit and if I actually need cash I just hit an ATM (no usage fees with my credit union).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

One of my concerns about debit card use, apart from my utter lack of overview, is that I a) may lose my card in some way or b) that some place has sloppy CCTV and has allowed some punk to mount skimming devices.

Jacob

I usually take out a couple of hundred bucks and replenish it once it gets low. I get rid of change as fast as I can though, I hate having a pocket full of coins.

... Norgy, are you planning a world tour funded by mugging languishites?

Fate

I keep $100 or so in my wallet for emergencies. I hate carrying coins. Debit cards all the way.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Brazen on July 27, 2011, 09:19:12 AM
I get a week's worth out at a time so I don't overspend. I am teh poor.

I want to punch the students round where I work who use a card to buy a single sandwich or a pint.

I usually carry roughly $60-80 in cash for small expenses, or places where cash is easier.

Otherwise, all my credit cards give rebates, so I use them 95% of the time (and -always- pay them off in full every month).  No reason not to make some small bonus off the cards.

Never use debit card...checks only for the few things that requires checks (like paying rent).

Coins/change usually get dumped into a plastic container I have assigned for that purpose.  Comes in handy for the rare times I encounter a parking meter (that is not a modern CC-taking machine), or now, accumulating quarters for my apartment's laundry.  Someday I might have to hit a Coinstar machine though.

Norgy

Quote from: Jacob on July 27, 2011, 11:50:36 AM

... Norgy, are you planning a world tour funded by mugging languishites?

Actually, I have this friend from Eastern Europe...

The reason I came up with the poll, was that a neighbour dropped by yesterday evening and asked for a thousand NOK in cash for the bills we've been racking up redecorating. Unsurprisingly, I had more than enough cash at hand, since I routinely withdraw a certain amount each week, stash most of it in a drawer and carry about a 1000 (a bit more than 100 pounds/Euros and a bit less than 200 dollars) on me. A few years back, I'd never had that kind of cash on me, and I was wondering if it was due to oldmaningitis on my part.