Conspiracy Theory Poker - I'll See Yours And Raise This One.

Started by mongers, July 24, 2011, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Thread rule, post a wacky conspiracy theory you've come across and the next poster has to 'top' that with something more bizarre.

Never heard of this before, until I found out about it yesterday, I give you, the Chemtrail conspiracy theory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials.[1]

http://aircrap.org/world-chemtrail-awareness-day-january-22-2011/33385/

Seems some scientologists are into this as well:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/jun/23/chemtrailsbeckisbackbutis
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Slargos

Do we have to have come across them, or can they be of our own devicing?  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 12:34:12 PM

You win, thread locked.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: mongers on July 24, 2011, 12:36:48 PM

You win, thread locked.

But you haven't even read my manifesto.  :(

JonasSalk

Chemtrails are real. They dramatically increase the number of people who think they are chemtrails.
Yuman

Josquius

The chemtrail one is pretty established. I've a friend believes it.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 12:52:03 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 24, 2011, 12:36:48 PM

You win, thread locked.

But you haven't even read my manifesto.  :(

We read it. Every fucking day.

Ideologue

Those people who think aspartame kills you.  Why aren't I dead, dudes?

I mean, I've got my problems, but if aspartame is as poisonous as some people think I'm betting 12-20 diet sodas a day for ten years probably would leave a more marked effect than a caffeine addiction.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I think that one comes from a misunderstanding that it works as a bug poison, apparently stemming from a Hoax (something I came across while looking for ways to kill ants).

I don't know if your tops man eating badgers, but I'll do a better one.  The Queen of England (along with many other people), are blood drinking lizard people from another dimension.  And yes, people actually believe that.  They are centered around David Icke, who as far as I can tell is having severe delusions.

I know of a lot of these.  I know of some really, really weird ones.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2011, 04:29:58 AM

I mean, I've got my problems, but if aspartame is as poisonous as some people think I'm betting 12-20 diet sodas a day for ten years probably would leave a more marked effect than a caffeine addiction.

:hug:

http://www.yrad.com/cs/

This is the conspiracy theory podcast which is a weekly (usually) podcast that has one guest with which the host discusses a conspiracy theory. Pretty good.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2011, 04:39:04 AM
I think that one comes from a misunderstanding that it works as a bug poison, apparently stemming from a Hoax (something I came across while looking for ways to kill ants).

The really cool thing would be is, if it's true, I'd be the one to prove it, and I'd have a massive lawsuit on my hands.

I came across it because something (probably different somethings) in Pepsi Ones and Coke Zeroes does, in fact, make me kind of sick.

QuoteI don't know if your tops man eating badgers, but I'll do a better one.  The Queen of England (along with many other people), are blood drinking lizard people from another dimension.  And yes, people actually believe that.  They are centered around David Icke, who as far as I can tell is having severe delusions.

I know of a lot of these.  I know of some really, really weird ones.

I'm familiar with the Lizard People stuff from old.  It's like someone realized that anti-Semitism was bad, Jews were just regular folks, and shit like the Holocaust (assuming you don't deny it happened) sort of stands as irrefutable evidence that Jews haven't historically control anything well enough to keep six million of them from being killed, but they still needed a shadowy conspiracy of inhuman monsters to justify their crap lives and paranoia.  And then some of them forgot the point of the whole exercise, and just started saying Jews are reptile people.

If they really did just want to drink human blood, I'm pretty sure it would be preposterously easier to just buy it than control a shitty planet like Earth.  I have the same complaint about vampires.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2011, 04:29:58 AM

Dude, do you have any fucking teeth left?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zeus

One of the more famous ones (In America) would have to be McCarthyism.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

The Brain

Quote from: Zeus on July 25, 2011, 10:15:14 AM
One of the more famous ones (In America) would have to be McCarthyism.

:rolleyes: It did actually exist you know.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.