News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ANyone intrigued by Panzer Commander?

Started by Berkut, July 23, 2011, 11:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Found it.  :ph34r:

As expected, this feels a lot like PzG I with an upgraded interface.

I just played through Poland, and much like PzG you need to keep a pretty brisk pace in order to get a major victory. What has changed, and which will affect tactics pretty decisively is that there's no longer free reinforcements after the battle so you'll have to spend prestige on reinforcements regardless if it's during the scenario or before deployment next scenario. This obviously means that it's no longer useful to keep understrength units behind the line, but rather they should be reinforced as convenient. It may also mean that there's no longer much of a point to capture every city for prestige as it may be more profitable to just bypass in order to keep casualties down.

Additionally, it seems like there's a lot more room for core units in this game, which implies that it's possible to use green reinforcements (which is free, save for the XP cost) for a mass army, or focus on a smaller elite cadre. Interesting implications for the strategy.

Slargos

Actually, scratch that. It appears green replacements cost a minimal amount of prestige during the battle, but is free in the deployment phase.

Razgovory

You know what I like about you Slargos?  That fact you don't have any redeeming qualities.  A Nazi and a petty thief.  I don't have to nuance my thinking when it comes to you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2011, 06:17:00 PM
You know what I like about you Slargos?  That fact you don't have any redeeming qualities.  A Nazi and a petty thief.  I don't have to nuance my thinking when it comes to you.

Since you couldn't even if you had to, I don't see your point.  :hmm:

Slargos

Looks like they just reskinned the PzG maps.