Chinese police rescued 89 infants kidnapped for sale

Started by jimmy olsen, July 27, 2011, 05:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

What a fucked up situation. Good for the Chinese Police. (The 1st time that's been said on Languish?)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43906187/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/

QuoteBEIJING — Chinese police rescued 89 infants kidnapped for sale and arrested 369 people they said were linked to two human trafficking rings this month, state media reported on Wednesday

In the first case, the traffickers, who were mostly Vietnamese residents, abducted children from Vietnam and sold them in China's southern regions of Guangdong and Guangxi, the China Daily newspaper said, citing an unnamed officer from Guangdong's provincial department of public security.

In mid-July, police detained 39 suspects in connection with trafficking and rescued eight infants, aged 10 days to seven months, who had been drugged with sleeping pills, the newspaper said.

In another crackdown this month, police arrested 330 people suspected of involvement in the trafficking of baby girls, the newspaper said. The police operation took place across 14 provinces.

'One child' policy
The 81 infants rescued in this operation were aged 10 days to four months and are now in the care of institutions, the report said.

Efforts by China, the world's most populous nation, to contain population growth through a strict "one child" policy, coupled with the country's long tradition of favoring boys, have contributed to the rise in cases of trafficking in children and women.

Women are sold to men in remote areas who are unable to find brides due to the sex imbalance resulting from China's one-child policy which has encouraged sex-selective abortions.

Police set up a special task force in February following the discovery of a child kidnap ring in the Guangxi region, the newspaper said.

Another trafficking operation was broken up in the poor southwestern province of Yunnan this May.

The report said that police have uncovered 39,194 cases of human trafficking in China since April 2009, the majority of the cases involving women or children.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Perhaps they could be issued as replacements in Norway.  :hmm:

DGuller

Hmm, 369 perpetrators and only 89 infants?  :hmm: Either those are the most inefficient child traffickers ever, or Chinese police kept some infants for themselves.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2011, 06:05:14 AM
Hmm, 369 perpetrators and only 89 infants?  :hmm: Either those are the most inefficient child traffickers ever, or Chinese police kept some infants for themselves.

Maybe some of the infants were arrested as perps rather than victims, because they were aiding and abbetting (e.g. by not crying too much).

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 27, 2011, 05:56:43 AM

I thought you didn't want more immigrants.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2011, 06:05:14 AM

Skimming off the top has some weird results in the human trafficking trade.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on July 27, 2011, 06:27:02 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 27, 2011, 05:56:43 AM

I thought you didn't want more immigrants.

:rolleyes:

The problem is not the immigrant themselves - its the baggage they carry with them.  Infants hardly have any baggage.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

Would you be saying the same thing if they were African babies?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 28, 2011, 05:14:25 AM
Would you be saying the same thing if they were African babies?  :hmm:

They are at risk of carrying HIV, so not really analogous.  :hmm: