Main Menu

An Arab killer executed in Texas

Started by Martinus, July 22, 2011, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I was just jerking your chain bro.

Razgovory

Also the article said he was a Hindu.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2011, 03:20:15 PM
Patel is likelier to be a Vaishnavite than  . . . Smartist.

No need to be insulting.  :mad:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2011, 03:26:13 PM
I was just jerking your chain bro.

-_- My sense of humor's broken today.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Quote from: citizen k on July 22, 2011, 02:18:20 PM
I think it's called forgiveness.

Or weakness, cowardness, self-hatred.

I could be trying to feel morally superior. Or it could be stockholm syndrome.

People are weird. Some people feel emotionally rewarded when they "forgive" their oppressors.
Pretty much what I feel when I coldly kill my oppressors.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 25, 2011, 08:00:57 PM

People are weird. Some people feel emotionally rewarded when they "forgive" their oppressors.

Have you ever forgiven someone who has deeply wronged you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2011, 08:09:57 PM

Remember, the New Testament is for pussies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2011, 08:09:57 PM

Only muslims have deeply wronged me, and no, I have never forgiven them.

However I do forgive and forget slights by my fellow citizens, since it is against my nature to hold grudges outside of war.
I am inmune to roadrage, for example, and I have walked away from guys traying to pick up a fight with me at bars.
I am the real deal and I have nothing to proof by fighting drunks at a bar.
People that drink to find their courage are despicable cowards.

On the other hand, I have never been punched in a fight since adulthood.
I had a shitload of fights when young, but they were mostly with my brothers and cousins.
I come from a big family and we had daily fights. Though they would only let me fight outsiders if the fight was fair.

I don;t know how I would I react if anyone were to just walk to me and try to punch me. Hopefully I will be able to duck and run.
Now if somebody tried to robb me, I think that would be diferent. I really, really hate criminals and delicuents that robb their own people.
I fear I might not be able to contain myself, especially if they outnumber me. That would makes me feel like the poor middle eastern jew being cornered by thugs.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

OttoVonBismarck

I've always liked Siege, but just like Lennie from Of Mice and Men I've always sadly felt that he must be put down for the sake of society :(.

Lndhand

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 02:11:08 PM
I don't find it that weird.  The man has compassion.  Honestly, I wouldn't want someone executed for my sake.

Texas is not executing the guy for the other dude's sake.  Texas is executing the guy for killing the other two dudes.  Sorry, "guy" and "dude" used since I did not read the article.   :D
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.