Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 11:21:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 26, 2011, 11:20:31 AM
Slargos, what's your agenda here? I'm lost at what you are trying to achieve in this thread.

What's yours?

Asking questions, understanding yours & others points, occassional attempt at a funny and social commentary.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Slargos

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 26, 2011, 11:24:19 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 11:21:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 26, 2011, 11:20:31 AM
Slargos, what's your agenda here? I'm lost at what you are trying to achieve in this thread.

What's yours?

Asking questions, understanding yours & others points, occassional attempt at a funny and social commentary.

Fair enough, my agenda consists of satisfying my whims.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on July 26, 2011, 11:14:49 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 11:08:54 AMIf it makes you feel better, when it comes to you I'm certain.
The way you post makes me think that it would be a public service for Raz to post the link for reporting death threats and terror threats to the authorities.

You come across as pretty unhinged. More so than the languish standard.
Quit being a cunt.  That's not a threat, that's an analysis.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on July 26, 2011, 11:21:11 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 11:19:46 AMWhen did I do that?

You're delusional.

Just because you preface a threat with "I hope this happens..." or "you deserve it if this happens..."  or "someone should do this to you..." doesn't make it not a threat.

:yes:

Canadian law is quite clear - a conditional threat is still a threat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2011, 11:25:47 AMQuit being a cunt.  That's not a threat, that's an analysis.

Not under Canadian law. Just ask BB.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2011, 11:25:47 AMQuit being a cunt.  That's not a threat, that's an analysis.

An analysis that concludes "and thus you deserve to be killed" is still a threat.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on July 26, 2011, 11:26:37 AM

You're delusional.

Just because you preface a threat with "I hope this happens..." or "you deserve it if this happens..."  or "someone should do this to you..." doesn't make it not a threat.

What about if I specifically tell him that I'm going to use my telekinetic powers to call down a meterorite on his house?

Is that a threat?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2011, 11:25:47 AM
Quit being a cunt.  That's not a threat, that's an analysis.

Please explain the difference between a threat and an analysis in the statement that someone should  be killed.

Ed Anger

I'm going to punch Beeb in the nuts next time I'm in Canada. How is that?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Oexmelin

Quote from: Gups on July 26, 2011, 03:29:01 AM
Is it possible to ascribe genes to a country?

Not genes, but genealogy. Unless you think countries / societies /  collective entities reinvent themselves every generation or so.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Viking

What about passive conditional threats of the kind "You deserve to die if you do this...."
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 11:08:28 AM

In what way is anything made better by crocodile tears?

We're not talking about "crocodile tears", but honest self-reflection and real tears of sadness, anger and frustration. We're not talking about journalists trying to shift the blame, but to inform the public. Janne Kristiansen explained well why the Westend Mass Murderer flew under the radar, and no matter how you see it or read it, there was no attempt to blame it on the security service. I notice Gates of Vienna and assorted other wingnut sites are spending most of their energy to distance themselves from the monster from Skøyen. Maybe they're even reflecting whether their collective mass psychosis is correct?

Self-reflection is what people tend to do in the aftermath of trauma, and at least to me, the events of Friday 22nd is a gaping trauma. Everyone wants to find some answers, if only to get some peace. I'd also say that mourning is a fairly human reaction.

derspiess

You're delusional.

How is that even a conditional threat? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on July 26, 2011, 11:27:19 AM
Not under Canadian law. Just ask BB.
Then call the cops, motherfucker.  Beeb can try and prosecute me himself.

Nobody was prosecuted for saying that the US deserved 9/11, so I like my chances.

Besides, Canadian law (which is utterly retarded in all matters relating to free speech) doesn't have jurisdiction wherever Slargos is.  I think that you would be performing a public service if you were to kill yourself today.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.