Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 10:29:17 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:57:26 AM
No one's claimed responsibility, and no verification of a bomb device.

Looks like someone left aluminum foil in the office microwave again.

edit:  Therefore, blame lies with that sinister Islamic global conspiracy, Al-Uminum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Crack myself up sometimes.

Bumped, because I'm still giggling.

I think you mean, Al Umin-e-Um
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

Norway would seems like such an odd place to attack

If it was over Afghanistan or Libya or wherever then that's why the chose it. Easier target than London or NYC.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

If it was over Afghanistan or Libya or wherever then that's why the chose it. Easier target than London or NYC.

There are probably targets just as easy with more soldiers in Afghanistan.  Is Norway even participating in the Libya thing?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

At the police press conference they just urged the public to "leave the city center, mass transit is still working as usual" AND "avoid large crowds".  :lol:

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 11:01:27 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

There are probably targets just as easy with more soldiers in Afghanistan.  Is Norway even participating in the Libya thing?

Norwegian F-16 were among the most active participants in ground attack, at least a month ago.

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 10:38:32 AM
Norway would seems like such an odd place to attack.  There's only 400 or so Norwegians in Afghanistan.  I bet you could force them to leave with out resorting to a car bomb.  A few acts of petty vandalism would probably be sufficient to scare the Norwegian government into leaving Afghanistan.  It could be something else that makes no sense to us like a Norwegian comedian made an offensive joke or they sell the wrong type of butter.  Attacks by Islamic extremists don't always make sense to Westerners.

One possibility is the cartoons. Again.

Anyway, looks like I was really, really forward thinking when I moved from St. Olav's Street back in 1998.

It was supposedly a car bomb. Chosen because during summer, everything slows to a halt and already relaxed security around high-profile targets is even more lax now.

From the place and timing, I'd have thought this was a decoy, more or less. It's the best time and place to block central Oslo. People leave work around that time during summer and by getting the East-West axis closed, it'd be really hard to route traffic efficiently in a city that was designed for around 10.000 cars.

New reports emerge that the central railroad station is being evacuated and there are yet unconfirmed reports of shooting at the Labour Youths' summer camp at Utøya several miles away near Tyrifjorden. I have no idea which of the Labour Party's bigwigs are there.

In any case, this is bound to change Norway in one way or the other.

Slargos

:lmfao:

NRK reporter: "Has Oslo or Norway been afflicted by something like this before?"

Press officer: *long, pained, embarrassed silence* "Ehr... No."

Edit: Ah. Blonde.  :lol:

Liep

Anarchy in Norway? Witnesses say a person has been shooting several rounds at people on an Island south of Oslo, at a meeting for social democrats.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Cecil

Quote from: Liep on July 22, 2011, 11:20:59 AM
Anarchy in Norway? Witnesses say a person has been shooting several rounds at people on an Island south of Oslo, at a meeting for social democrats.

Actually that seems to be a summer camp for social democratic youths. Shooting a bunch of kids....yah I´m thinking towelheads.

Slargos

Quote from: Cecil on July 22, 2011, 11:27:53 AM

Actually that seems to be a summer camp for social democratic youths. Shooting a bunch of kids....yah I´m thinking towelheads.

Apparently a guy dressed as a police officer. Sounds like towel-head tactics indeed.

It would be a pretty amazing coincidence.

Ed Anger

Fox popped on and did an unconfirmed report of an attack at a summer camp.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Cecil

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 11:29:51 AM

Apparently a guy dressed as a police officer. Sounds like towel-head tactics indeed.

And the reports now say fatalities on the camp. Keeps getting better.

Slargos

Quote from: Cecil on July 22, 2011, 11:38:51 AM

NRK just reported "continuous shooting". Mother fucker.

Cecil

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 11:40:39 AM
Quote from: Cecil on July 22, 2011, 11:38:51 AM

NRK just reported "continuous shooting". Mother fucker.

That doesnt sound like a handgun then. Unless they are blowing it way out of proportion it must be some sort of semi/automatic rifle.

Grallon

By all means do keep allowing Muslim vermin within our borders.

I wish the filth would pull something really big - so we can finally get rid of them all. <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel