News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

google + ?

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, July 21, 2011, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

any languishers on google + yet? I'm test driving (also Buddha Rhubarb over there) and just have a few of my FB friends on it. Still very much a newb. I don't know that I want my circles mingling, but I like the slick interface. It's too bad I don't make much use of google's many other services other than stuff they bought like youtube etc.

PM me if you want an invite.
:p

DontSayBanana

Taking it out for a spin.  I like the interface a lot better than FB, but so far, I just don't know enough people on there to make posting much worth it.  Added you, BTW.
Experience bij!

derspiess

It's awesome because:
*Creating circles is dead simple
*It's well integrated with Chrome, Android, Picasa, gmail, etc.
*It's not blocked at work (yet) like Facebook is
*It has some interesting features I haven't had time to figure out yet
*Android app is fast & functional
*Clean interface

Negatives:
*Yet another way for Google to know every detail of my life
*Only a tiny fraction of my FB friends have moved over-- if/when they do, it will become annoying having to follow two social networks

Overall, I like it quite a bit. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

It's clean and ad and spam free. For now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

I don't get it. How is it different to the failure that was google wave?

Google integration annoys me too. Means I have to check my gmail on a different browser to my youtube <_<
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

It looks like it's capable of what I've been waiting for from Facebook for years: Compartmentalization.

BuddhaRhubarb

I like the interface a lot... but yeah I'm not hounding anyone to join me on it, I did all that work on FB. I'm not "switching" anytime soon.
:p

katmai

The google+ rapture has left me behind. So can't comment on it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on July 22, 2011, 09:20:27 PM
The google+ rapture has left me behind. So can't comment on it.

It really hasn't; it's only just gone from limited beta to open beta, so it's gonna take a while for the invites to circulate- it's basically the gmail invites situation all over again.  I've got a whopping four contacts in my circles, including Buddha.
Experience bij!

viper37

I'm not joining until there's a Farmville for Google+.  I so want to spend my entire days growing virtual corn and feeding virtual cows in a new, secure environment.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2011, 12:00:21 AM
I'm not joining until there's a Farmville for Google+.  I so want to spend my entire days growing virtual corn and feeding virtual cows in a new, secure environment.

Deliberately trying to outdo Minsky for WPOTM? :hmm:
Experience bij!

viper37

The tought crossed my mind :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.