News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Looked at the article again.  Net spending, winter period.

They said Premier League was 2nd with $220 mllion, and a Chinese minor league 3rd with 55.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Crystal Palace could not have lost that match in a worse way.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on March 06, 2016, 10:24:22 AM
Crystal Palace could not have lost that match in a worse way.

Okay, the replay suggests it might actually have been a penalty. It's still a horrible way to lose, but at least a wrongly called penalty is worse.

Liep

Our new national team coach looks like he should be playing an alcoholic detective in an early 2000 Swedish crime series.

Liep

celedhring

Newcastle have hired Benítez as manager. How the hell has that happened? Did they slip him a roofie?

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on March 11, 2016, 05:20:04 PM
Newcastle have hired Benítez as manager. How the hell has that happened? Did they slip him a roofie?
" next year championship league football" to a non native speaker, sounds a lot like "next year champions league football"
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Benitez' English is surprisingly good for a Spaniard.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2016, 05:46:39 PM
Benitez' English is surprisingly good for a Spaniard.

He did work there before. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

He's even set his residence in Liverpool, his kids go to school there, etc... Even before signing for them he spent time in England learning coaching. He's always been an anglophile. [spoiler]The traitor.[/spoiler]

dps

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2016, 02:15:45 PM
The crazy celebration when the Dallas Cowboys are going down to the World League would be epic.

The Cleveland Browns would probably get relegated to a Pop Warner league somewhere.

celedhring

Arsenal out-Arsenaling themselves. If we finish them off this Wednesday they will have done the grand slam and lost all 3 titles in the space of 2 weeks.

Norgy

Fucking Fawaz and Forest. Sacking another manager. Yeah, it was a shit result against Sheffield Weds, but how are you going to have consistency when you keep sacking people. Shambles. It's a shambles, I tells ya.

Josquius

So what are people's predictions for the season?

I think Leicester will win the league.
They're doing their best to throw it away but luckily the team's behind them are going into bad form too.
If Leicester don't win then Tottenham will. Which though not as good is also quite nice.

Relegation, more important to me....
Villa are obvious. How long before they mathematically can't survive?
Norwich, though they played well against Man City....I can't help but see going down.
The third one is a worry.
Sunderland are unreliable. Though I am cautiously optimistic they will pull through.
Newcastle with the Benitez bounce....The Sunderland-Newcastle derby will decide a lot there.
Though, despite them being a few points clear, I really do think Palace will be the one going down.
██████
██████
██████