And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on February 03, 2016, 04:44:40 PM
Barca. :o

I'm going to pay whatever it takes to see that Getafe game in March. 2 hattricks, one by Messi and one by Suarez.

Valencia are in a pretty sorry state right now. Gary Neville has been a joke, but their transfer activity this summer and lining up Jorge Mendes' pockets haven't helped.

But Suárez, oh man...  :wub:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

I should've taken that odds 5.70 on Leicester to win. :o
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

We are all living in a Leicester's fan FM save.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2016, 09:16:36 AM

:(

Does that mean Vardy's moral will plummet when you tell him you won't accept a bid from Real Madrid?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Even beyond Leicester the league this year does look like a few years into a FM game, except its not usually Chelsea which is the top team that drops.

I wonder what the biggest amount of money someone put on Leicester winning the league this year was.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2016, 09:28:48 AM

:(

Does that mean Vardy's moral will plummet when you tell him you won't accept a bid from Real Madrid?

My default for that is always the "let's wait until an offer comes first"...that soothes them for a while.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Could have done with 3 points, but we weren't playing as well as last time.
As things stand though, thanks for the walkout Liverpool fans.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Leicester lost :(

Liverpool finally found someone they were better than and they piled on.

City - Spurs on next. COME ON ERIKSEN!

Josephus

Yeah was hoping Leicester would hang on. Stupid foul.
Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Liep

1.      Leicester   26   15   8   3   48 - 29   53
2.      Tottenham   26   14   9   3   47 - 20   51
3.      Arsenal   26   15   6   5   41 - 23   51

Not what I would've predicted. :lol:

Josquius

Hope Leicester haven't  bottled it. 
Sure. Spurs winning the league would be a bit of a change too...but not to the same extent.

This weekend's results were rather nice otherwise
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Eros Ramazotti challenges Messi to score an impossible goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjEfAb7ktI

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on February 17, 2016, 10:07:21 AM
Eros Ramazotti challenges Messi to score an impossible goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjEfAb7ktI

This makes me even more sad that I looked wrong at Barca's schedule and am travelling to Barcelona between two games. No Messi for me. :weep:

I'll still have Gaudi and jamon iberico though.