News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Pitchside seats are cheap and it's a lot more fun shouting obscenities at the away team when they're only a few feet away from you  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 04, 2015, 09:24:11 PM
Pitchside seats are cheap and it's a lot more fun shouting obscenities at the away team when they're only a few feet away from you  :D

Yeah, I was looking at some in one of the sections (129) by the "beer garden" right at the front:  $23.  Super cheap. 

E: And right by the beer, so bonus.  Im assuming there is beer available in the beer garden.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2015, 08:35:55 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 02, 2015, 08:03:19 AM
I like the Cosmos, I hope they get promoted to the MLS.

Oh wai--

Clubs do get promoted all the time. It is just not based on actually winning games :P

However there are already two NYC clubs in MLS. I would be surprised if there was a third.

London has a bunch of teams in the English league.
A lot of tokyo area teams in the Japanese league for you more modern types too
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

:cheers:  :lol:  :showoff:  :w00t: :worthy: :yeah:

So happy. Can't even sleep from all the booze and excitement!!

Liep

A fantastic team. Now if Neymar would only learn from Messi or Iniesta and stop being such a dick.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Luis Suarez deserves this  :bowler:

FunkMonk

Barcelona wins treble the same day American Pharoah wins the Triple Crown.

Coincidence??? :hmm:

Liep

How will Tottenham waste their Kane millions?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

I do need to give a shout out to the Americans for winning against the Dutch 4-3 in a come back win without 3 of the US top players.  While the  team is  definitely not in the elite still, that was a good result.  Klinsmann has won a few big results on the road vs good teams - that is a positive thought.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

celedhring

En route to the trophy, we beat the champion of England, the champion of France, the champion of Germany, and the champion of Italy. For once the CL lives up to its name.

Although we weren't champions of Spain...

Liep

We're down 1-0 against Montenegro. MONTENEGRO.

Duque de Bragança

You can apply for tickets to be part of UEFA EURO 2016 from today till July 10th.
QuoteThere are 1 million tickets available in this window, which closes at 20.16CET on 10 July. Apply now for the best chance of getting UEFA EURO 2016 tickets, which will then be allocated by a random selection process after 10 July.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-finals/ticketing/index.html

Cheapest tickets start at 25 €
Cat 1: €145 / Cat 2: €105 / Cat 3: €55 / Cat 4: €25 (group matches and round of 16)

I'll likely be around next summer, so I'm game to guide any Languishite to a match in Paris and/or Saint-Denis. Unless Platini pulls a dirty trick and makes all Portugal games far from Paris, where most Portuguese people are.  :tinfoil:
I will apply first for some tickets in the Parc des Princes (Paris) as a blind buy first (30 min by métro from a place where I can crash), and will see where Portugal plays later.

Other stadia are in the North (Lille and Lens), very good for Brits as well, in the south-east (Marseille and Nice) good for Padanians or (North) Italians, in the south-west (Bordeaux and Toulouse), closer for Spaniards. Other remaining games are in Central France (Lyon and Saint-Etienne), for the Italians or the Swiss perhaps?
Sorry Germans, no stadium in Straßburg, Metz or Nanzig...

Liep

Quote from: Liep on June 07, 2015, 05:04:48 AM
A fantastic team. Now if Neymar would only learn from Messi or Iniesta and stop being such a dick.

I like that Xavi basically called Neymar a douchebag at his Qatar press conference.

Grey Fox

There's a World Cup going on & no one is talking about it!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Yawn

Norwegians are pretty hot.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011