And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on November 15, 2014, 01:00:30 PM
Wembley looks like shit.

One thing England did good, since they don't play the game very well, is provide great pitches.

Looks like the NFL had a game on it a few days ago.

Three apparently in previous weeks, during an English autumn.  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

15 minutes left...Malta 1-1Bulgaria in Sofia.

Can we pull it off?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

So did Serbia and Albania lose out on that game altogether, or will they play it at some point later?

Josephus

no it was declared a walk over. Forget which team was awarded 3 points
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Yes! Malta pull off a 1-1 draw in Sofia. this is like winning the World Cup
Civis Romanus Sum

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on November 16, 2014, 04:40:58 PM

None actually, Serbia was declared the winner, but they were also docked 3 points because of the pitch invasion and fights.

Josquius

Wales is top of their group apparently :lol:
Every home nation in the finals?
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on November 16, 2014, 07:16:54 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 16, 2014, 04:40:58 PM

None actually, Serbia was declared the winner, but they were also docked 3 points because of the pitch invasion and fights.

Right.
Civis Romanus Sum

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Zanza

Bayern is so dominant that the German league might as well just have 17 teams.

Josquius

It is bizzare that the loss of one man has turned Liverpool from a team that narrowly missed out on the title into (early days yet) relegation candidates :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Manchester City with a twist.

██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on November 23, 2014, 02:24:14 PM
It is bizzare that the loss of one man has turned Liverpool from a team that narrowly missed out on the title into (early days yet) relegation candidates :lol:

A key man though. And they're also missing his partner Sturridge.
Civis Romanus Sum