News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

USA has scored the first goal! USA, USA! :D

And I'm 100% serious. I far prefer America to win, because should Brazil win... let's say 3-0, then the obvious conclusion is Brazil would have beaten Spain 5-0, right?

FunkMonk

Outstanding counterattack by US. 2 - 0
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

And back down to earth they go.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Slowly recovering from my intense depression.

Damn so fucking close to actually winning something on the world stage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 25, 2009, 04:35:36 AM
Specify sadly

It has failed twice in championship matches...first the Euro now this.

I am not sure how to factor this into my taint-fu.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2009, 08:47:18 AM

:huh:

'Something on the world stage' means EC, WC or Champion's League. Certainly not this cup. So cheer up, my friend.

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on June 29, 2009, 08:52:17 AM

'Something on the world stage' means EC, WC or Champion's League. Certainly not this cup. So cheer up, my friend.

Come on, for the 'States it would have been quite something, especially beatint teams like Spain and Brazil

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on June 29, 2009, 08:52:17 AM

Yeah the United States is really going to be competing for the Champion's League or the European Championship. :lol:

The only thing bigger than this would have been the World Cup itself.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on June 29, 2009, 09:03:41 AM
Come on, for the 'States it would have been quite something, especially beatint teams like Spain and Brazil

Brazil seemed pretty happy about winning it, jumping around and cheering.

Anything that makes Brazil that happy has to be pretty good.

And besides how many major tournaments do we play in besides the WC?  This is pretty much it.  Coming out on top in CONCACAF is just what we are expected to do (or at least be 2nd to Mexico on a bad day).

Well I guess the Gold Cup and Copa America are nice (especially winning the latter, beating the South American teams on their home turf would be huge) but, you know, it isn't a real tournament unless the Euros are there.

Valmy

By the way I love how Altidore scores goals but it seems like he underachieves on things unrelated to goal scoring.  He gives the ball up all the freaking time.  A guy with his talent should be better I think.

HVC

Should have been 4-2, but nice game by the Americans.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2009, 10:55:46 AM
Should have been 4-2, but nice game by the Americans.

It still would have been 3-2.  If that goal had counted the Brazilians would have gone defensive after scoring the third goal.

I am glad that missed call did not end up deciding the game in any way.  That would have tainted it if we had somehow pulled it out after that.