News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerr

Fair play to the Americans.
I would've preferred a Spain-Brazil final though.

Valmy

Quote from: Cerr on June 24, 2009, 03:23:02 PM
Fair play to the Americans.
I would've preferred a Spain-Brazil final though.

:weep: Me to.

Rascally American hobbitses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Iormlund

Quote from: me at P'dox
Inspired match on the US side, pretty flat on the Spanish. Good coaching on the US side, terrible on the Spanish (but then Del Bosque has never been a good coach). Horrendous refereeing (though at least it was not biased).

Nice to see the US improving tactically. I liked especially that black central defender. Donovan OTOH faked an aggression twice which was shameful and pretty stupid while carded.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

The Valmy taint is almighty.  -_-

katmai

Valmy taint fu is stronger than Ortiz Taint!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: Cerr on June 24, 2009, 03:20:43 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2009, 03:16:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 24, 2009, 03:07:55 PM
That constant noise from the crowd sure is annoying. Yes I'm watching soccer.
Yes, it will drive me mad next year
There's some talk of banning those horns from the world cup games next year. Hopefully it'll happen, they're really irritating.

Apparently, it's an essential part of the South African experience (TM), or some crap like that.

The Larch

Congrats to the yanqui pigdogs, the team seems to have improved a lot in the last few years, and now you have a good batch of talented players. Tactically brilliant game by the US team, great defending and ruthless efficiency when attacking.

lustindarkness

Just read an AP headline that has to be some error, said that USA won over Spain 2-0?! Unpossible!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Valmy is remarkable...seriously.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: PDH on June 24, 2009, 04:40:56 PM
Valmy is remarkable...seriously.
I don't think we yet know the full extent of this power. Has Valmy recently cheered for Mousavi?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Octavian

Quote from: Octavian on June 24, 2009, 05:12:05 AM
Dear Lord!

Please let the Americans win. Just think how funny it would be to hear the lamentations of the Spanish afterwards.

Best regards!

Your friend and supporter Octavian

PS You rock!

Thank you Lord!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Viking

hmm does valmy have to specify who should lose, or can he just root for "anybody but me to win the lottery" ?

because this might be a moneymaking opportunity for him...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Quote from: Viking on June 25, 2009, 04:34:18 AM
hmm does valmy have to specify who should lose, or can he just root for "anybody but me to win the lottery" ?

because this might be a moneymaking opportunity for him...

Specify sadly
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son