News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Jozy Altidore is scoring for the national team again (against Germany and now Jamaica)... now I've seen everything.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

We're getting our arses kicked by Armenia. Not okay. :mad:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on June 11, 2013, 02:37:22 PM

From what I gather it is the most brutal beating armenia has been involved in on either side since 1915.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on June 11, 2013, 02:37:22 PM

Malta beat Armenia  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

The papers unanimously agree that the coach needs to go. And that they players were a disgrace. Fortunately I was working so didn't see it (I turned off the radio after 30 seconds).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Watching Mexico-Costa Rica then USA-Panama tonight :w00t:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

I have it on good authority that Mexico does NOT want to qualify for next year.

FunkMonk

They had to deploy riot guards to stop the Costa Ricans from getting pelted by water bottles.  :lol:

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 11, 2013, 08:18:41 PM
I have it on good authority that Mexico does NOT want to qualify for next year.

it sure seems that way

FunkMonk

Our boy Altidore is all grown up now. :cry:

PDH

Mexico played like the fighting Timmies.

US is missing Jones, but they are scrappy.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Set the record for an American for club scoring this year, and he's only like what 23?

PDH

If Altidore really gets it he could be the first real USA striker that is world class.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

2-0 win. This plus the Spurs blowout win makes this a really good night.  :cool:

PDH

That was some nice ball movement in the 2nd half too.  I would like to see a refocused Donovan in this mix.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM