News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerr

Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2009, 04:10:34 PM
Quote from: Cerr on June 15, 2009, 03:00:36 PMIt hasn't been a bad tournament so far.

Kidding? Yesterday's games were a joke, the South Africa - Irak was a snorefest, and the Spain - New Zealand a training season with an audience.
I didn't see the games yesterday. I avoided them because all the group A teams except Spain are terrible. I didn't have high expectations for the tournament so I was pleasantly surprised by todays games.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 03:24:55 PM
The USA lost 3-1.  :(

How ironic is it that Rossi, who scored two for Italy, is actually from NJ?  :lol:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 03:49:31 PM
It was only because of that stupid Red Card in the 36th minute.  Italy-referee conspiracy!
:yes: It was a boneheaded kick to the shin, but far from red card worthy.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on June 15, 2009, 08:38:52 PM
:yes: It was a boneheaded kick to the shin, but far from red card worthy.

After we had played so well in the first half to.  Very very frustrating way to lose it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2009, 04:53:20 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 03:24:55 PM
The USA lost 3-1.  :(

How ironic is it that Rossi, who scored two for Italy, is actually from NJ?  :lol:

Rossi should be shot for treason. :angry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Ok after losing 3-0 to Brazil I give up only for the US to come back and smash Egypt and advance to the next round.

I think I will refuse to watch the rest of the tournament and see if my not following the team continues to bring them good luck.

Zanza

Their next game is against Spain, which is arguably the best team in the world right now and hasn't been beaten in the last three years or so. Don't get your hopes up for that Valmy. ;)

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 22, 2009, 11:17:52 AM
Their next game is against Spain, which is arguably the best team in the world right now and hasn't been beaten in the last three years or so. Don't get your hopes up for that Valmy. ;)

Go Spain!!!111oneone

Viva Espana!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2009, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: Zanza on June 22, 2009, 11:17:52 AM

Go Spain!!!111oneone

Viva Espana!
I don't think reverse psychology works like that when it's so obvious. :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2009, 11:26:30 AM

I cannot see your post when I am surrounded by all the Spanish flags I am proudly waving.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2009, 11:28:03 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2009, 11:26:30 AM

I cannot see your post when I am surrounded by all the Spanish flags I am proudly waving.

Eating tortilla and drinking sangría simultaneously, right?  :P

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on June 22, 2009, 11:29:15 AM

While humming 'La Marcha Real'.  I will make Chorizo for the second half.

Saladin

Went to the U-21 game yesterday between Sweden-Serbia..
Good game! Sweden won 3-1 and it took the Serbians crowd 65 minutes until they
started with the Kosovo chants..

Tamas

Quote from: Saladin on June 24, 2009, 02:58:58 AM

Went to the U-21 game yesterday between Sweden-Serbia..
Good game! Sweden won 3-1 and it took the Serbians crowd 65 minutes until they
started with the Kosovo chants..

During the first A-group hockey world cup game of Hungary in Switzerland recently, the loudest part of the Hungarian crowd was busy crying about Trianon during most of the game.
These people's view about the foreign world is so disorted its not even funny.

Alatriste

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2009, 11:32:47 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 22, 2009, 11:29:15 AM

While humming 'La Marcha Real'.  I will make Chorizo for the second half.

Try to get the Royal Guard version, executed with XVIII century fife & drum. That's how the 'Marcha Real' was supposed to sound, 1000 times better than modern arragements. At least your evil witchcraft will have a touch of class ;)