News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

I hope we loose every single game we have left too. I´ll be cheering them all the way down. With these fucktards in charge its even possible to loose against Malta.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Norgy

Unsurprisingly, Norway bored the descendants of Alexander the Mediocre to 0-0 draw in Skopje, FUCK Macedonia.

Maladict

Norgy

Pretty much, yes.

Which would be fine if there was a huge undergrowth of exciting talent on the U19s and U21s, but from what I've seen, the domestic footballing talent is at the lowest ebb since the 1970s.
The TV deals for the clubs in the first tier have given them money to buy mediocrity from all around the world, and then promptly shove all their younger developing players into the third tier teams, hampering their development and frustrating them by making it impossible to actually be a full-time player.

The present is bleak - the future is downright terrible. I hope the Mayans are right. If not, the next Euro/WC qualifiers will force me to change citizenship.

Josephus

Quote from: Cecil on June 06, 2009, 08:14:49 PM
I hope we loose every single game we have left too. I´ll be cheering them all the way down. With these fucktards in charge its even possible to loose against Malta.  :lol:

Hope so.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

So what's up with Real Madrid? €80mill for Kaka, €100mill for Ronaldo, and supposedly there's more transfers on the way.

They're still not going to win anything.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Hansmeister

Quote from: Norgy on June 07, 2009, 09:43:07 AM
Pretty much, yes.

Which would be fine if there was a huge undergrowth of exciting talent on the U19s and U21s, but from what I've seen, the domestic footballing talent is at the lowest ebb since the 1970s.
The TV deals for the clubs in the first tier have given them money to buy mediocrity from all around the world, and then promptly shove all their younger developing players into the third tier teams, hampering their development and frustrating them by making it impossible to actually be a full-time player.

The present is bleak - the future is downright terrible. I hope the Mayans are right. If not, the next Euro/WC qualifiers will force me to change citizenship.

Zombie Rune Bratseth.

Cerr

Anyone else watching the Confederations Cup?
Watched it for the first time today. Brazil barely beat Egypt 4-3.

At the moment Italy are beating USA 2-1.

It hasn't been a bad tournament so far.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

clandestino

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 03:24:55 PM
The USA lost 3-1.  :(

Well, the other guys were Italy, not Portugal, what were you expecting? :P

BTW, the last gossip here is that Real Madrid will buy Sporting's captain João Moutinho for 24 Million €.

IMO our season will be ruined if that happens.

HVC

Quote from: clandestino on June 15, 2009, 03:32:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 03:24:55 PM
The USA lost 3-1.  :(

BTW, the last gossip here is that Real Madrid will buy Sporting's captain João Moutinho for 24 Million €.

IMO our season will be ruined if that happens.
Real's buying up all the porkchops lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: clandestino on June 15, 2009, 03:32:07 PM

It was only because of that stupid Red Card in the 36th minute.  Italy-referee conspiracy!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Cerr on June 15, 2009, 03:00:36 PM
Anyone else watching the Confederations Cup?
Fodbol doesn't have nearly enough cups, there should be many more.

The Larch

Quote from: Cerr on June 15, 2009, 03:00:36 PMIt hasn't been a bad tournament so far.

Kidding? Yesterday's games were a joke, the South Africa - Irak was a snorefest, and the Spain - New Zealand a training season with an audience.