News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

He's not starting in this game, Played in 15 games, scored twice and seems to be playing right FB or WB
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: katmai on July 31, 2012, 06:27:21 PM
He's not starting in this game, Played in 15 games, scored twice and seems to be playing right FB or WB

That little bitch.. he left Rosenborg because we kept playing him a right back, bitching for a full year before he left for cash flush Brann in bergen.

I still wish him well though.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Viking on July 31, 2012, 06:21:30 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 31, 2012, 06:08:42 PM
The Mighty Red Bulls of "NY" are playing The Tottenham "Tots" Hotspur on ESPN2.

Tim Cahill's first game for NYRB. Interesting.

How is local hero Jan Gunnar Solli doing at NYRB? He's probably playing center midfielder or right winger.

What katmai said. I don't watch many NYRB games but the few I've seen he's played as a FB and done well.

I'd like to see NYRB win the MLS cup this year, honestly. They have a solid squad and they've been improving for the past few seasons. Deserve it imo.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Málaga, which appeared to be a new challenger in the Spanish league last year after getting a Qatari owner, seems to be in dissarray. There have been rumours of unpaid wages from last year and the possibility of losing their Champions League spot, or even relegation as a long shot, for financial irregularities. Cazorla might probably sign with Arsenal after just a year there, and now even Pellegrini might leave, followed by other players. Sugardaddy owners seem to be the bane of ambitious teams when they turn out to be fickle...

FunkMonk

Arsenal were after Cazorla last year so good for them.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

Quote from: Warspite on August 02, 2012, 04:00:59 PM
Cazorla! :yeah:

So far this window has been kinder to Arsenal than last year's debacle. :lol:

Warspite

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 02, 2012, 04:30:46 PM
Quote from: Warspite on August 02, 2012, 04:00:59 PM
Cazorla! :yeah:

So far this window has been kinder to Arsenal than last year's debacle. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what to think.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

katmai

QuoteNEW YORK (AP) -- Manchester United will receive $559 million under its seven-year shirt sponsorship agreement with General Motors Co.'s Chevrolet division.

Chevrolet takes over from the insurer Aon starting with the 2014-15 season. Manchester United said it will receive $70 million during the first season of the new deal.

The agreement was signed July 26 and announced Monday. The financial details were disclosed by the soccer team Friday in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as part of Manchester United's planned initial public offering of stock.

United said the payment will increase 2.1 percent annually during the deal, which runs through the 2020-21 season. In addition, the Red Devils said the agreement calls for them to receive about $18.6 million in fees in each of the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Houston vs NYRB right now.

Tim Cahill's first MLS game.  :)

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 03, 2012, 07:17:26 PM
Houston vs NYRB right now.

Tim Cahill's first MLS game.  :)

Bet he's thinking he made the wrong decision now.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Well Dynamo is a Texas team so I'm happy.  :P

FunkMonk

Katmai, Mexico v. USA at the Azteca on ESPN in 10 minutes. :cool:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

OMG first win ever in the Azteca LOLOLOLOLOLol