News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerr

Quote from: Liep on May 27, 2009, 01:15:20 PM
I switched shifts with a coworker and am now able to watch the game of the year. :ccr:
I doubt it'll be the game of the year. Finals hardly ever live up to expectations.
Anyway I hope Barca win tonight.

Liep

I predict that this is good for the game. Go Barca!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Cerr

Cerr

Quote from: Liep on May 27, 2009, 01:58:52 PM
I predict that this is good for the game. Go Barca!
Yeah hopefully man u will commit more men forward and Barca can score on the counter attack.

Liep

Go Barca!

Full offense by Manchester and we'll get a fun ending.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Yay Barca!

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were brilliant today.

Josephus

YAAAAY.

anybody but Manchester!!!
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2009, 08:36:50 AM

I can only pray they can rebound against the Fightin' Timmays on Friday. 
:huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Josephus on May 27, 2009, 04:05:17 PM
YAAAAY.

anybody but Manchester!!!
:thumbsup: That was the going vibe in the bar I work at today while we watched.  There was one girl there who was a Man U fan because "Cristiano Ronaldo is so hott!".  Ugh.  Needless to say she was verbally abused.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2009, 06:00:55 PM

Austin plays Puerto Rico next
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Newcastle down. My schaenfreude is immense.
Epic
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on May 27, 2009, 06:08:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2009, 06:00:55 PM

Austin plays Puerto Rico next
When the game is done Austin will look like a gazelle torn to pieces by a pack of wild dogs.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

Yesterday three great players retired from active football:
Paolo Maldini, Luis Figo and Pavel Nedved were not only excellent players, but great men outside the pitch, too.
Figo and Nedved won the European Footballer of the Year award, and Maldini deserved it but defenders usually get no love in those competitions :(

:worthy: Maldini
:worthy: Nedved
:worthy: Figo

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on June 01, 2009, 04:58:52 AM
Yesterday three great players retired from active football:
Paolo Maldini, Luis Figo and Pavel Nedved were not only excellent players, but great men outside the pitch, too.
Figo and Nedved won the European Footballer of the Year award, and Maldini deserved it but defenders usually get no love in those competitions :(

:worthy: Maldini
:worthy: Nedved
:worthy: Figo

L.

Figo, a great person outside the field? No way, the guy had no loyalty whatsoever (a 1 in most CM and FM versions, IIRC) to the clubs he was related to, he was a true mercenary of sport. Surely he was a great player, but not a great person. Don't know enough of the others' lives in order to qualify, although Maldini has always seemed upstanding to me, specially in his opposition to ultras.

Tamas

Yeah, Figo not only was a merc (which ain't that much of a problem except for pinky-fogged fans of the sport), he was a downright traitor. You just don't go from noble Barcelona to scum Real Madrid if you have just a tiny bit of backbone.
And I never liked Nedved, altough clearly both him and Figo were excellent in their primes.

But Maldini was indeed a great player, European football is a lesser thing without him.