News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2012, 08:55:04 PM
Not a good day to be a REds fan, on both sides of the ATlantic.

Watched Liverpool lose and then headed to BMO field to see Toronto FC lose their eighth in a row. :(

Damn TO lost again?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

So i guess would be poor form for me to tout the Sounders 4th win in a row?  :unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Nah, good for you. Sounders have always been a pretty solid team.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Just seen the game since it was on 3am last season - wtf is with the timing, 5pm and before the season has finished?

Somebody had spoiled before hand that Chelsea won (Gah!) but wasn't sure how. Poor Liverpool. Not a fan of them at all but much  prefer them to the most hated team in the world outside of Africa.

We really should have goal line detectors. It wouldn't even have to involve stopping the game. It should be an instantaneous beep, just means there are a few more seconds of play until the referee stops and says "wait wait, that was a goal there"
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

It was quite obvious that the ball did not cross the line in it's entirity. Which, by the rules, mean it was not a goal.

And if it wasn't for the freak timing of Liverpool's wakeup coinciding with Chelsea falling apart in nervousness due to the first Pool goal, it would have been a very shameful day for the reds.
They weren't on the pitch for 1.5 halves.

Josquius

Didnt look like it was in no. Its not the only time there has been such a situation though and even in this quite clear one there is controversy. Many others arent so clear.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

Serie A winners, 2011-2012.

I'm ecstatic.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

PDH

Schalke 04 gets 3rd place.

Sure, sure, they were Nazis, sure they support Russian Natural Gas imperialism, sure they are living in the past - but a little story:

The first FM I played (at Katmai and Norgy's recommendation), I played Real Salt Lake for a couple of years, then I got the call up to the big time - Schalke 04 asked me to become their head.  They had a couple of Brazilians, a good German/Turk striker, and the game called them "Gelsenkirchen" after the town they are in (not the district), but they were in Europe so I accepted.

As the first European team to take me on as manager, they won my loyalty.  I don't have a Gazprom shirt, but I do follow them.  They will always be 2nd or 3rd, they will win a few German Cups now and then, and they might every few years fight relegation battles, but dammit they chose me.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

WHERE THE FUCK WAS THIS LIVERPOOL TEAM THIS WEEKEND?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2012, 03:28:52 PM

Fun to see Liverpool take their chances for once. ANDY CARROLLWUTWUT
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

YEAH. Liverpool did great in that second leg. We take the cup 5-3 on aggregate. Well done REds.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 08, 2012, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2012, 03:28:52 PM

Fun to see Liverpool take their chances for once. ANDY CARROLLWUTWUT

His acting in the box was hilarious. Chop to the throat? Act like being hit in the face.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Puyol will miss the Euro Cup due to a knee injury.  :(