News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on April 03, 2012, 04:47:04 AM
...aaaand  I hope this evening Barcelona will shoot three SCUDs through Milan's ass.

:sleep:

L.

:thumbsup:

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2012, 06:02:54 PM
Fox Soccer seems to have a hardon for Tottenham.

Question for the Poms: how long has the word "joy" (in the sense of good chance of success) been a standard part of the fodbol lexicon?

As long as I can remember. It's  always used in the negative - e.g. "City will get no joy from this defence"

Pedrito

...aaaand  I hope this evening Barcelona will shoot three SCUDs through Milan's ass.

L.
:yeah: :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on April 03, 2012, 03:38:27 PM

L.
:yeah: :cool:

L.

:thumbsup:

Too bad they will rape this year's crappy Chelsea defense in the semis.

Liep

Did anyone see the Cypriot losing his teeth? Seems over the top to continue playing afterwards though. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on April 04, 2012, 04:55:45 PM
Did anyone see the Cypriot losing his teeth? Seems over the top to continue playing afterwards though. :P
:huh:  I was too busy playing CK2, what happened?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on April 05, 2012, 06:51:44 AM
Quote from: Liep on April 04, 2012, 04:55:45 PM
:huh:  I was too busy playing CK2, what happened?

L.

Apparently a APOEL player lost his balance in a header duel with Ronaldo and smashed his head into his teammate. He lost a few teeth went to the sideline where they pulled another and then back onto the pitch.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

My father has been a Barca fan for decades, these CL games are ackward in the family  :lol:

The last time, when Barca got through with that absolutely last moment überlucky goal after being bested by Chelsea, I flipped and yelled about the god damn cheating referee and Barca in general, for a couple of minutes to Dad and a friend of his  :D

I think this year Chelsea will be humiliated - after all they struggled to survive agaisnt 10 men Benfica. But, hope dies last.

katmai

Gotta love Italian Soccer.

QuoteAtalanta defender Andrea Masiello was arrested earlier this week by Italian police and is reported to have admitted to receiving nearly $500,000 in illegal payments in exchange for performing poorly in certain games. Masiello, who was with Bari at the time of the incidents, faces a prison sentence for his actions, but claims he was targeted by mafia members and later tried to return the money.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Two goals today from American superhero and Texan Clint Dempsey made him Fulham's top scorer ever in the league. He's fifth in the league, one behind Demba Ba (16). 21 in all competitions.

Suck it Englanders.  :nelson:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

What horrible calls in Manu-qpr game.
First no offsides call then redcard and penalty awarded on dive. :x
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Watched a tiny bit of KC vs. LA last night (during commercial breaks of To Kill a Mockinbird-the young Robert Duvall!).

I'm curious how you soccer hooligans think the US league compares to other professional leagues. 

Josephus

In my opinion the MLS is like a second or third tier European league. A bit scrappy, making up for lack of skill with more physicality.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

I'll agree with that.

Also, MLS is a league where older players past their prime go to see out their twilight years in nice cities like LA or NY.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

So something like the Dutch or Portuguese league?