News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

My friends would look at me weirdly if I brought a van Persie tea tray to practice. I'll just bring my Balotelli fireworks and go-cart instead.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

The Fulham - Wolverhampton game I visited in shitty English weather ended 5-0. Was actually quite fun, but Wolverhampton was terrible.

FunkMonk

I am jealous: You got to see Clint "American Dream" Dempsey score two goals.  :mad: :cool:

Warspite

Quote from: Zanza on March 05, 2012, 02:37:42 PM
The Fulham - Wolverhampton game I visited in shitty English weather ended 5-0. Was actually quite fun, but Wolverhampton was terrible.

I thought of you when looking at the rainstorm through my window. :D
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Zanza

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 05, 2012, 03:27:10 PM
I am jealous: You got to see Clint "American Dream" Dempsey score two goals.  :mad: :cool:
He was quite close to scoring a hat trick a couple of times.

Zanza

Quote from: Warspite on March 05, 2012, 05:24:19 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 05, 2012, 02:37:42 PM

I thought of you when looking at the rainstorm through my window. :D
It was freaking cold too. Too cold to enjoy a beer really. And the coffee and hotdogs in Craven Cottage don't get a recommendation from me either. But at least it was a really fun game and there were some funny Englishmen around us.  :P

Josquius

On Sunday the girl I'm seeing came to visit and we had a nice day of football.
Went to see recently relegated into J2 to J1 Kofu play, they won 2-1; their stadium is roofless and it started raining in the second half which sucked. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Japanese football is odd.
Then on Sunday night glory of glories Japanese satelite TV was on some free to watch week for some reason so I got to see the Sunderland-Newcastle game. It ended 1-1 with Newcastle scoring in the final minutes. It feels like a loss. Ugh..... And we had a player sent off after the final whistle and another during the game for something stupid, they're both to be out for a while- and we've Liverpool next then Everton in the cup; we're better than Everton but those are two of our best players we're missing.... I really want to win the cup....
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Warspite

Pride is restored, but how vital was that bought Ibrahimovic penalty in the first game now.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

Quote from: Warspite on March 06, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Pride is restored, but how vital was that bought Ibrahimovic penalty in the first game now.

Good game, they almost snatched it. It's a shame RvP couldn't slot in his chance in the 2nd half. I guess he is human after all.

Milan were pathetic today. I know they were missing some players, but they definitely need a wake-up call.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Liep

I read it was the first time anyone scored five goals since Søren Lerby in '79. I might concede that Messi is a greater player than Lerby. Might.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Warspite on March 03, 2012, 12:59:12 PM
The best-selling item on the Arsenal online store right now is the Robin Van Persie tea tray. Guaranteed to carry ten mugs.

:lol:

That has to based on an olde worlde joke.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk