Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on January 24, 2012, 10:21:28 PM
Were they booing Arshavin, specifically? I thought they were booing WEnger for removing AOC.

I was a little confused myself. When it happened I had to turn the volume up because I thought the music I was playing in the background was producing the boos. It did seem like they were booing Wenger for the sub. Arshavin was just collateral damage. I'm pretty sure if he had subbed off Walcott there wouldn't have been such an outrage.

Van Persie looked a little perplexed at the substitution as well, though I think the media made a mountain out of a mole hill from his reaction.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Where would I best buy Premier League tickets online?

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the flopping in the ManU-Chelsea game.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2012, 02:17:24 PM
I enjoyed the flopping in the ManU-Chelsea game.  :)

Yeah, it was a good one.

Hopefully tonight's football extravaganza will match this morning's, uhh, football extravanganza.

Warspite

Quote from: Zanza on February 05, 2012, 10:11:18 AM
Where would I best buy Premier League tickets online?

Best to go via club websites. Which club are you looking to see?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Zanza

I'll be in London in March. Apparently only the Queens Park Rangers and Fulham have home games that weekend. There is also Tottenham vs ManU, but that's too late for my flight back and I guess it will be harder to get tickets for that.

Warspite

It should not be hard to get QPR or Fulham tickets unless it's a derby game. Have a go via their websites, if you have no luck let me know as I can ask some friends who are fans if they have any ideas. Tottenham / Man Utd will sell out for sure.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: Warspite on February 05, 2012, 04:08:04 PM
It should not be hard to get QPR or Fulham tickets unless it's a derby game. Have a go via their websites, if you have no luck let me know as I can ask some friends who are fans if they have any ideas. Tottenham / Man Utd will sell out for sure.

Hey, (totally unrelated to this thread) I've just PMed you, just to let you know.  :ph34r:

Ed Anger

Most interesting thing at the Tottenham-Liverpool game: The cat on the field.

The game itself: BORING

Ed Anger

Carroll is a worthless tall turd.

Barrister

Quote from: Warspite on February 05, 2012, 04:08:04 PM

This reminds me - my dad out of nowhere has become a big soccer fan (probably because its the one sport he didn't have to cover in his days as a sports reporter), and has chosen Fulham to be his favourite team (almost certainly because him and my mom ran "Fulham Castle Bed and Breakfast" for a number of years on Fulham Ave).

Someone needs to give me some material I can use to belittle Fulham.   :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 06, 2012, 04:23:30 PM
Most interesting thing at the Tottenham-Liverpool game: The cat on the field.

The game itself: BORING

What happened to the cat afterwards. I'm pretty sure it spent the rest of the game hiding in Assou-Ekotto's hair.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk