News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 22, 2012, 01:45:28 PM
It's a shame you didn't get City v Spurs.  Which is some comment on Manchester and North London.

I did see City v. Spurs; it was live on Fox Soccer Channel this morning. They really should have played that over Ars/Utd on the main network.

Edit: From The Guardian's Minute-by-minute:
QuoteIt's finished Manchester 5-3 North London. Last time it was 13-3, so it's progress of sorts.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

But about Arsenal/United: I know Wenger likes to sub off his wingers/midfielders at around 70 minutes, but taking off Chamberlain for Arshavin was a Really Bad Move. Arsenal seemed to lose any attacking ability down that flank and Arshavin let Valencia practically stroll into the box and set up the second goal. It was like they were playing with 10 men.

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the dude knocking himself out at the goal.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Ed Anger

FunkMonk

Ed Anger

Warspite

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 22, 2012, 01:57:16 PM
But about Arsenal/United: I know Wenger likes to sub off his wingers/midfielders at around 70 minutes, but taking off Chamberlain for Arshavin was a Really Bad Move. Arsenal seemed to lose any attacking ability down that flank and Arshavin let Valencia practically stroll into the box and set up the second goal. It was like they were playing with 10 men.

AOC was tired. The problem, as it has been the last number of games, is the lack of full-backs. They are absolutely vital in 4-3-3. In any case, I have no idea what the home fans were thinking booing the decision and then Arshavin; the general sense of entitlement that Arsenal fans now seem to have is appaling. They had the energy to boo Arshavin, but could barely make a peep the entire first half. Insuffrable gits.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

Quote from: Warspite on January 22, 2012, 02:41:15 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on January 22, 2012, 01:57:16 PM

AOC was tired. The problem, as it has been the last number of games, is the lack of full-backs. They are absolutely vital in 4-3-3. In any case, I have no idea what the home fans were thinking booing the decision and then Arshavin; the general sense of entitlement that Arsenal fans now seem to have is appaling. They had the energy to boo Arshavin, but could barely make a peep the entire first half. Insuffrable gits.

I do feel really bad for Arshavin. He put in a couple of decent shifts over the past few games so I was hoping to see more of the same. I was pretty appalled myself at the boos as he came on. Unfortunately, the booing seemed to have affected his play.

I guess I'm trying not to be overly critical of Wenger's substitutions. Taking Djourou off for Yennaris was a good move and stabilized that side of the back four. And he likes to take off one of his wingers off around 70 minutes, and as you said AOC was tired. 

Ed Anger

FunkMonk

katmai

So far only bright spot for me in EPL with Arsenal looking like :x is performance of Clint Dempsey for Fulham.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Were they booing Arshavin, specifically? I thought they were booing WEnger for removing AOC.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2012, 08:54:13 PM
So far only bright spot for me in EPL with Arsenal looking like :x is performance of Clint Dempsey for Fulham.

Dempsey's was the first hat trick by an American in the EPL.  :cool:

But yeah, Arsenal is not looking so hot. Wilshere and Sagna come back in February, so hopefully things will tick up.