News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

But why did Barcelona bother fielding its starters in that tournament? It's completely useless and gets no coverage.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on December 15, 2011, 11:03:35 AM
But why did Barcelona bother fielding its starters in that tournament? It's completely useless and gets no coverage.

Good question. Guardiola fielded almost the C team in the last game of the Champions League group stage before the Real Madrid game, and I guess that those players would be good enough to beat the Quataris, but for some reason he fielded a competitive squad today.

Josephus

We get live coverage here....5 30 am  :lol:

I agree, though, useless tournament.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

Quote from: Liep on December 15, 2011, 11:02:47 AM
Good news for Germany.
Not really. It's always sad when a great player misses a big tournament. Especially because of such a useless game. And Villa is already 30, so it isn't certain that he'll still have the class in 2014.  :(

Warspite

Quote from: Zanza on December 15, 2011, 03:42:45 PM
Good news for Germany.
Not really. It's always sad when a great player misses a big tournament. Especially because of such a useless game. And Villa is already 30, so it isn't certain that he'll still have the class in 2014.  :(

Poor Villa, he's done an Eduardo. :(
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

Pretty big coverage in Japan. There was quite the fuss here over Messi visiting the country. I guess it might spread into the rest of Asia too, which is good for commercial reasons.
Also the prize money is quite significant.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Warspite on December 15, 2011, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: Zanza on December 15, 2011, 03:42:45 PM
Good news for Germany.

Poor Villa, he's done an Eduardo. :(

It's not as severe as that, apparently. What Villa has is a closed stress fracture, with no dislocation. Eduardo missed a full year, while doctors say that Villa might be able to train again in 4 months, but won't recover his form until next season. That is, he could be taken to the Euro cup, but his form would most probably be atrocious.

Zanza

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on December 16, 2011, 08:43:17 AM
Can't be worse than Torres.

Jesus christ, he's atrocious lately. The Chelsea board must be knocking their heads against the wall for that signing.

Threviel

With luck the so-damn-boring Spanish team will be out in the group stage. Thank you Villa!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Threviel on December 16, 2011, 03:23:13 PM
With luck the so-damn-boring Spanish team will be out in the group stage. Thank you Villa!

Ireland 8 - 2 Spain ?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

USA number one Tim Howard scores a goal from his own penalty box during open play. http://youtu.be/jfXxBrLcKus

:)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 04, 2012, 10:42:55 PM
USA number one Tim Howard scores a goal from his own penalty box during open play. http://youtu.be/jfXxBrLcKus

:)
:lol:
That's amazing.
He doesn't seem too happy about it though, lol.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

A hell of a kick he has. And he joins the rare club of keepers who has scored in the premier league, I read it was only 3 others.