News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2011, 01:03:51 PM
They (we) can get out of the group phase. France sucks. Maybe Sweden has gotten stronger. I only follow football every 2 years.

France doesn't suck :angry:

Though their football program did suffer big blow by being run by a bunch of racists :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Give me Zidane or give me death!

I remember in 98! I had such a wonderfull time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2011, 01:14:03 PM
I remember in 98! I had such a wonderfull time.

Me to.  It was glorious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Cerr

An ok draw for Ireland. It's going to be hard though.

Would have preferred to be in Group A of course.

Sheilbh

We almost got the group of debt :(
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2011, 01:27:05 PM
We almost got the group of debt :(

Croatia has less than a year to borrow huge amounts of money in an unsustainable manner.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2011, 12:56:07 PM
B is the group of death then.

Sadly not the so-called über group of death  ;) since I would have preferred a not yet rebuilt France squad to Denmark.

FunkMonk

The last twenty minutes of Inter - Udinese this Saturday :   :lol:

I need to watch more Serie A.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

szmik

People in Poland are full of hope, as usual before any tournament our team manages to get to. Now this bunch of losers is going to disappoint having the easiest possible group competition. I foresee Russian team making it again to final four.  :sleep:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Josquius

I agree with the concensus.
Group A is rather dull, though should be nice for the Poles having the Russians and the Czechs for a bit of rivalry?  Russia should get htrough, otherwise...ehh... no idea.

Group B is the group of death. Denmark are screwed, any of the other three could do it. Guess I'll go with the Dutch missing out.

Group C is quite a straight forward Italy and Spain going through.

Group D is rather easy. France and England are unpredictable but generally better than the other two
██████
██████
██████

Liep

France will find a way to fuck it up for themselves again.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Brazilian legend Sócrates, "O doutor da bola", star of the '82 and '86 World Cups, passed away, aged 57, due to complications from alcoholism.

There are no players like him anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkq4fVKzibY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYWhIJMLm34

Josephus

Funny, we (my brother and I) were talking about Socrates just last night.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Warspite

I really don't understand English football commentators and journalists.

Just because you get the ball does not make a tackle ok; having reviewed Spearing's studs-up, above-ankle-height, both feet off the floor challenge yesterday, I can't see how it's anything else but a straight red.

And yet we have crap about "outlawing the tackle" being written.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA