News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Quote from: Tyr on November 28, 2011, 07:34:22 AM
Your work life going badly and failing your country would sure a huge factor in deciding to commiting suicide.

Failing Wales? Have you ever been to Wales Tyr? ...it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrorizing people with their close-harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Tyr, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

Euro Cup draws coming up in a few minutes. I'm hoping we get Sweden in the last group game. 2-2 anyone?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Pot 1
Ukraine
Poland
Spain
Netherlands

Pot 2
Germany
Italy
England
Russia

Pot 3
Croatia
Greece
Portugal
Sweden

Pot 4
Denmark
France
Czech Republic
Republic of Ireland

HVC

god damn greeks. Besides that Portugal came out lucky.

*edit. damn it read that wrong. those are the pots
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Octavian on November 28, 2011, 08:30:32 AM
Failing Wales? Have you ever been to Wales Tyr? ...it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrorizing people with their close-harmony singing.

:lol: And their aggressive shocks of thick black hair.

Maladict

Holy shit  :(
Holland - Germany - Denmark - Portugal

Grey Fox

B is the group of death then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Germany - Netherlands, Italy - Spain, England - France ... some good games in the first round. :)

HVC

Quote from: Maladict on December 02, 2011, 12:54:30 PM
Holy shit  :(
Holland - Germany - Denmark - Portugal
great. Portugal can't seem to beat denmark and the dutch are evil.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

As an England fan I have to say:  "this is going to be a short tournament."

Oh wait, not too bad. Was looking at the pots. Confusing.

GROUP A
Poland
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

GROUP B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal
GROUP C

Spain
Italy
Ireland
Croatia
GROUP D

Ukraine
Sweden
France
England
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on December 02, 2011, 01:00:14 PM
As an England fan I have to say:  "this is going to be a short tournament."

They (we) can get out of the group phase. France sucks. Maybe Sweden has gotten stronger. I only follow football every 2 years.

Josephus

So looking at it, doesn't seem like there's a big group of death, except for maybe group B.
Group A is the group of un-death. Four mediocre teams. Any team can get out.
Group B should be Germany and Holland.
Group C should be Italy Spain
and Group D, well you never know with England but it should be England France, although both Ukriane and Sweden can beat England.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Group B is going to be pretty intense for Denmark.