News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I watched the QPR-Chelsea game on FOX Soccer and I could swear there was a QPR fan sitting in the stands wearing a Texas Longhorns cap.  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 23, 2011, 12:35:12 PM
I watched the QPR-Chelsea game on FOX Soccer and I could swear there was a QPR fan sitting in the stands wearing a Texas Longhorns cap.  :cool:

More importantly, the ref was apparently selected from the QPR squad

Cecil

Quote from: The Larch on October 23, 2011, 10:25:28 AM
Damn, City has just humilliated United at Old Trafford. 1-6, that must hurt!

Read that it was their worst loss since 1955. Sounded weird but could be true I suppose.

szmik

Was watching crazy fans lately, here is one vid from Turkey - Besiktas.

Feel the power  :punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g&feature=related
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

syk

Quote from: szmik on October 27, 2011, 12:08:41 PM
Was watching crazy fans lately, here is one vid from Turkey - Besiktas.

Feel the power  :punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g&feature=related
You might like one or the other St. Pauli/USP vid then.

FunkMonk

Speaking of fan reaction, this Man City supporter is hilarious http://youtu.be/5SoDCkCDfzU  :lol:

Josquius

The Manchester result was very unexpected.
Could this be City's year?
Strange stuff, I remember not so long ago they were struggling in division 1. Just goes to show what money can do.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Probably. Could be. But  wouldn't rule out Man Utd. They have a habit of narrowing that gap and before you know it...they're right up on top again.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Got up at 6:30 in the morning to watch Chelsea-Arsenal. I was not disappointed.  :lol:

Josephus

Cool.

Soccer now outranks both ice hockey and basketball to become the third most attended sporting event in America.  :)

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-11-07/mls-passes-nba-as-third-best-attended-american-sport
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on November 09, 2011, 03:42:52 PM
Cool.

Soccer now outranks both ice hockey and basketball to become the third most attended sporting event in America.  :)

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-11-07/mls-passes-nba-as-third-best-attended-american-sport

:P That's not what the story says Martim.

It says the average per game audience at MLS passed the average per game audience at NBA.

Josephus

;)

I'll retract that.

The average MLS game attracts more people than the average NBA or NHL game.
Civis Romanus Sum

FunkMonk

I think most MLS teams actually have purpose-built soccer stadia now, rather than using NFL or college facilities like in the 90s. It's a nice touch.

Regarding the MLS, our world-renowned league has its MLS Cup Final on November 20. See Sir Davey Becks, Irish Giant Robbie Keane, and American Messi Landon Donovan take on Houston Dynamo to find out who will win the coveted Philip F. Anschutz Trophy.  :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 09, 2011, 06:23:33 PM
I think most MLS teams actually have purpose-built soccer stadia now, rather than using NFL or college facilities like in the 90s. It's a nice touch.

Columbus Crew's stadium is a nice little field. The Crew was a total joke in Ohio Stadium.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 09, 2011, 06:23:33 PM

Regarding the MLS, our world-renowned league has its MLS Cup Final on November 20. See Sir Davey Becks, Irish Giant Robbie Keane, and American Messi Landon Donovan take on Houston Dynamo to find out who will win the coveted Philip F. Anschutz Trophy.  :)

Should be a good game. Looking forward to it. L.A. should win.

In other news, L.A.'s next game will be the Champions League Q/F against Toronto FC in early March. Here we're still debating whether to host the game in the cold BMO field or inside at Rogers Centre (SkyDome)
Civis Romanus Sum