Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2011, 03:11:18 PM
why is it always the damn danes.
:nelson:

Will be a happy country I return to today, well tomorrow... damn distance!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valdemar

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Three games in a row with fairly exiting forward offensive play.. and good use of some of the talents. Boilesen and Agger will hopefully be fit and with playing time when we reach 2012 making our defence issues one of too many fair players rather than the usual issues. Bjelland did really good for youngster in the local leaque and with only 3 caps.

One more tour left in Rommedahl will give one side a good go, Kron Dehli will hopefully stay at this level securing the other wing. Bendtners new role as center attacker as well "Play center" is much better than lazy Bendtner of old. Eriksen just needs to stay consistent and try a little less hard, get used to scoring and our offensive is fairly set.

That leaves the machine room in midfield. C poulsen still seem awfully rusty and slow, but at least he didn't make any obvious mistakes either. William Kvist looks like the new midfield general.

If Lindegaard takes on in Man U we also have decent goalie alternatives with a potential for really good goaltending.

All in all it was a good end for the qualifiers

V

Warspite

Croatia is happier about Serbia not qualifying than Croatia making the playoffs.  :lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

USA was defeated 1-0 by mighty Ecuador. :(

It was a decent match in the first half, but Klinsmann pulled off four players at intermission. Our back four was pretty solid throughout the game until Tim Ream and Jonathon Spector came on. Spector was downright horrible and a defensive lapse by Ream let in the only goal of the game. Gooch and Bocanegra seemed to work very well together.

Just a friendly, and although I was slightly impressed by the attacking play, there were still no goals. Someone other than Dempsey/Donovan needs to start scoring goals.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

They don't have a particularly good recored since Klinsmann took over, do they?

Well...Canada drew Puerto Rico 0-0 at home. That's even worse.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

I'd say the results wouldn't be dramatically different than under Bob Bradley.

Zanza

Germany's oldest player yesterday was Philipp Lahm, age 27. So the team could conceivably play in that formation for another 4-5 years. I hope this will be a golden generation for Germany. The only starting player that will leave anytime soon is Klose, but then there is hope that Gomez has stabilized and will keep being a goal-scoring machine.

HVC

Quote from: Warspite on October 12, 2011, 04:18:00 AM
Croatia is happier about Serbia not qualifying than Croatia making the playoffs.  :lol:
You're a petty people :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zanza on October 12, 2011, 10:35:16 AM
Germany's oldest player yesterday was Philipp Lahm, age 27. So the team could conceivably play in that formation for another 4-5 years. I hope this will be a golden generation for Germany. The only starting player that will leave anytime soon is Klose, but then there is hope that Gomez has stabilized and will keep being a goal-scoring machine.

Germany 2014 World Cup Champions

Warspite

The 2010 German team was pretty damn good. People forget they only lost to the eventual champions to a goal from a set piece and because the key player in their midfield and forwards link up was suspended for a non-foul the previous game.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Maladict

Play-offs:

Turkey v Croatia
Estonia v Ireland
Czech Republic v Montenegro
Bosnia v Portugal

The Larch

Turkey - Croatia should be the more interesting matchup, followed by Bosnia - Portugal.

Estonia - Ireland might be a snorefest for the ages.

Cerr

I'm happy with the draw.

Estonia are the weakest team in the play offs.
Plus we get to play the second leg at home.

Josquius

Estonia play football? News to me.
And Portugal in the playoffs. :nelson:
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 12, 2011, 12:06:47 PMGermany 2014 World Cup Champions
I wouldn't go that far, but in current form, Germany is certainly a contender for the Euro 2012.