News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on August 26, 2011, 07:31:18 AM
Hey shouldn't there be a Europe Super Cup or soemthing soon?

Tonight.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on August 26, 2011, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 26, 2011, 07:31:18 AM
Hey shouldn't there be a Europe Super Cup or soemthing soon?

Tonight.

Yes it is: Must leave work early.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Egil Olsen has accepted two more years.

Two more years of invincibility and playing well over our potential is good.
The old commie bastard is a fantastic coach of smaller men.

I notice Forest are doing, well, nada again. And Steve McLaren, the wally with the brolly, yeah, that will end really well.

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on August 26, 2011, 02:43:42 PM
Egil Olsen has accepted two more years.

Two more years of invincibility and playing well over our potential is good.
The old commie bastard is a fantastic coach of smaller men.

I notice Forest are doing, well, nada again. And Steve McLaren, the wally with the brolly, yeah, that will end really well.

yes, yet another generation of players with flair, skill and capable of playing entertaining football will be kept out of the national team though. The trick Drillo used against the Czechs (playing a quick and skilful striker rather than Carew) won't work again. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Norgy

Don't be a hater.

Here's some news:
There are no skillful players with flair who have Norwegian passports.

Fellah? He's a worker bee and will be in midfield next year. Probably replacing Grindheim.
Singh? Too uneven for the national team, but yeah, he's getting there.
Henriksen? In two years, he'll be the anchor in midfield. A bit slow for my liking, but he has what it takes.

What would worry me, and does worry me, is that we no longer have superb defenders. Nordtveit? Not likely.
Anyway, can you imagine someone else that would realistically take the position and do a decent job? I can't, really.

But sure, we are at odds with most things.

PDH

The US national team is once again harvesting the fruit of US servicemen and gullible fraulein hookups!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Quote from: PDH on August 26, 2011, 04:09:11 PM
The US national team is once again harvesting the fruit of US servicemen and gullible fraulein hookups!

Talking about Chandler?  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Apparently 200 million of ManUtd's 300million fans are from Asia; discounting its Lancashire fan base, where do the other 99,999,995 fans come from ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Perhaps some are from Manchester?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 27, 2011, 07:21:15 AM
Apparently 200 million of ManUtd's 300million fans are from Asia; discounting its Lancashire fan base, where do the other 99,999,995 fans come from ? :unsure:

N/S America and countries in Europe that doesn't have a league of the same quality as the PL.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

When I was in Morocco, back in 1980, they used to televise ManU's games. They may have stopped since of course, i get the impression that the standard of African football has improved over the years.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2011, 07:38:20 AM

Check my figures and you'll note I've already discounted those 5 blokes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

Man City seem to be more popular with your actual Manchester blokes.

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on August 27, 2011, 07:49:31 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2011, 07:38:20 AM

Check my figures and you'll note I've already discounted those 5 blokes.
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.