And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on August 18, 2011, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2011, 01:56:24 PM
I watched Liverpool Sunderland the other night.

I'm curious if you guys would agree that the Premier League has a higher proclivity for goons and argy-bargy than the other pro leagues.

You didn't watch last night's El Classico then....

http://youtu.be/IPghV2qpeiU

:lol:
That's awesome!
The contrast between the Geordie and the Yank is super stark.

QuoteExtreme Geordie. I've seen him commentate other games, he gets so ridiculously excited.
Not so extreme imo, you can hear him toning it down a lot.

QuoteThat is how I assume Josq talks.
ish.
My accent is to that what Sean Connery is to normal Scottish. In the same ballpark but...better.

QuoteI watched Liverpool Sunderland the other night.

I'm curious if you guys would agree that the Premier League has a higher proclivity for goons and argy-bargy than the other pro leagues.
I didn't see that game.
But I guess it was Cattermole?
Despite being a midget he comes very much from the old fashioned 'hard man' style of player, ala Vinnie Jones.

On the subject of the north east: Newcastle-Sunderland at noon GMT today. Ha'way the lads!
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Cattermole doesn't sound right.  Defensive midfield I think based on where he was doing most of his smacking.  Liverpool player.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2011, 02:28:57 AM
Cattermole doesn't sound right.  Defensive midfield I think based on where he was doing most of his smacking.  Liverpool player.

Lucas plays the DM role for Liverpool but you might be thinking of Charlie Adam. He was giving away a lot of fouls last week if I remember right.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 20, 2011, 09:17:48 AM
Lucas plays the DM role for Liverpool but you might be thinking of Charlie Adam. He was giving away a lot of fouls last week if I remember right.

That sounds right.

Cecil

So just wtf is happening in the southern leagues this year? Hearing a lot about strikes and whatnot.

FunkMonk

My Fantasy Premier League team is ranked 1st in SomethingAwful's classic league and 4th in EPLTalk.com's classic league.  :cool: :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Seattle beat Monterrey tonight in Monterrey.

USA!  USA!  USA!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Champions League

A: Bayern München, FC Villarreal, Manchester City, SSC Neapel.
B: Inter Mailand,ZSKA Moskau, OSC Lille, Trabzonspor.
C: Manchester United, Benfica Lissabon, FC Basel, FC Otelul Galati.
D: Real Madrid, Olympique Lyon, Ajax Amsterdam, Dinamo Zagreb.
E: FC Chelsea, FC Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, KRC Genk.
F: FC Arsenal, Olympique Marseille, Olympiakos Piräus, Borussia Dortmund.
G: FC Porto, Schachtjor Donezk, Zenit St. Petersburg, Apoel Nikosia.
H: FC Barcelona, AC Mailand, Bate Borissow, Viktoria Pilsen.

Bayern has a really hard group, Dortmund could do it, Leverkusen won't win against Valencia and Chelsea.

Josephus

Neapel?

My favourite Serie A team is Napoli, and yeah, that group's gonna be a bitch. B'lona and Milan should make for a great match up. Group G should be called the "ain't no winners coming out of this group."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Does the Champions League play during the regular season or after?

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2011, 04:03:18 PM
Does the Champions League play during the regular season or after?

During.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

Quote from: Josephus on August 25, 2011, 03:59:26 PM
Neapel?

My favourite Serie A team is Napoli, and yeah, that group's gonna be a bitch. B'lona and Milan should make for a great match up. Group G should be called the "ain't no winners coming out of this group."
Porto lost the manager and some important players, but they did win the Europe League last year.

Warspite

I am shocked, shocked to see Manchester United get another easy route to the knock-out stages.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on August 26, 2011, 12:05:18 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 25, 2011, 03:59:26 PM
Neapel?

Porto lost the manager and some important players, but they did win the Europe League last year.

I still say they won't win.  :lol: Huge diff between Europa League and Champions L. Hey shouldn't there be a Europe Super Cup or soemthing soon?
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum