Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2011, 06:50:23 PM
Mourinho http://youtu.be/olelvRKSpG8 :lmfao:

He didn't tuck his ear, he poked his eye.

Josephus

Is there a better fixture on this planet than the Barca v. Real game? I dont' think so.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on August 17, 2011, 06:54:15 PM
Is there a better fixture on this planet than the Barca v. Real game? I dont' think so.

And you get MMA fights for the same price!  :lol:

FunkMonk

Who is the guy with the bushy eyebrows and moustache?    :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2011, 07:09:24 PM
Who is the guy with the bushy eyebrows and moustache?    :lol:

Don't know, he must be some league official or something, but he's turning into a small time meme overnight.  :lol:

Valmy

QuoteF: Portugal; Russia; Israel; N. Ireland; Arzebajan; Luxembourg
G: Greece; Slovakia; Bosnia/Herz; Lithuania; Latvia; Liechtenstein

:lol: Seriously?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2011, 10:55:53 AM
QuoteF: Portugal; Russia; Israel; N. Ireland; Arzebajan; Luxembourg
G: Greece; Slovakia; Bosnia/Herz; Lithuania; Latvia; Liechtenstein

:lol: Seriously?

What's wrong with it?

Valmy

Maybe Israel and Azerbaijan are secret soccer powers but Portugal and Greece seem like they got much easier roads to Brazil than the other top teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Hey for once portugal didn't get the group of death. they deserve a breather once in a while too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Warspite

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2011, 11:19:50 AM
Maybe Israel and Azerbaijan are secret soccer powers but Portugal and Greece seem like they got much easier roads to Brazil than the other top teams.
Blame the questionable seeding system that stuck journeyman teams in Pot A.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2011, 11:19:50 AM

Russia and Slovakia are more than decent teams. I'd rate Slovakia ahead of Greece actually.

Meh, in every draw there's always a group or two that are noticeably weaker. It's just the way it is, I guess.

Warspite

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 13, 2011, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: Warspite on August 13, 2011, 02:49:14 PM
In other news, Arsenal still lack a creative midfielder without Fabregas, and Joey Barton's still a cunt.

You're a lifelong Gooner, right? How bad are things now?   :(

Quite bad, and Wenger doesn't want to spend money despite a) losing the best players on the team, b) losing key squad backups, c) having a major early season injury and suspension crisis, d) having £85m give or take to spend on new acquisitions.

The squad is the worst I have seen it since 1994. Yes, it's that bad. The defensive midfielder to start against Liverpool on Saturday has never played a competitive senior fixture before. There is no back up for his position.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Israel can always take a point or two from the top teams, they're not always a shoe-in. I think recently in either the Euros or WC quals they made the playoffs.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

I watched Liverpool Sunderland the other night.

I'm curious if you guys would agree that the Premier League has a higher proclivity for goons and argy-bargy than the other pro leagues.