News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on April 28, 2011, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 28, 2011, 07:21:42 PM
May 28th.

Bah! Shouldn't be played on a saturday.

Yeah, it's normally on Wednesdays. I guess I won't have to book the day off to see Man U v. B'lona...or whomever meets in the final.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Last years was on Saturday as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Well...was that not an amazing display.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Cerr

Yeah I thought it was a very good final.
Some great goals.

I'm happy that Barca won.

Cecil

I´m not though my hatred for both sides made this one of those times I´m sorry that both sides cannot lose.

Duque de Bragança

Things look tough for Porto in the  coming European Supercup :(
Good final though, unsurprisingly much better than the previous one between Porto and Braga.

Norgy

Great game, and Barcelona is one of the historical great sides, the way I see it.

Liep

Anyone else enjoying FIFA destroying themselves?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Agelastus

Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2011, 01:57:19 AM

I would be if Sepp Blatter hadn't managed, yet again, to dodge a deserved lynching. :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2011, 01:57:19 AM

They aren't doing it properly.
If the UN council on human rights is a joke, FIFA is an even bigger one. It's actually on par with the IOC, one of the funniest post-war jokes.

Duque de Bragança

Portugal 1 Norway 0

A patient though not brilliant Portugal overcame a serious Norway.
Goal scored by Postiga, no less ;)

3 teams  in the group with 10 points: Portugal, Norway and Denmark.

Norgy

For once, I didn't watch the game, as I was otherwise occupied, but from what I have read, Norway didn't suck completely, which is a surprise. But the lumbering incompetent up front did suck.

Carew = not a class act. He peaked when he was around 20 and it's been all downhill since then. I mean, what kind of a supposed "international class" striker is released by Aston Villa and rejected by Stoke?  :huh: