News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

They're gonna be doing this three more times, aren't they? :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Pepe is actually one of the few Madrid players who looks like he wants to win. But yeah, saving the team for the next 3 more important Barca games is wise, but not pretty.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on April 16, 2011, 04:36:47 PM
They're gonna be doing this three more times, aren't they? :)

Yup, and this one is probably the less trascendent game of the 4 they'll play during this month. It seems like a playoff.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 16, 2011, 04:37:50 PM
Pepe is actually one of the few Madrid players who looks like he wants to win. But yeah, saving the team for the next 3 more important Barca games is wise, but not pretty.

That's because Pepe is, basically, crazy once he enters the pitch. The guy has no restraint at all.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Haha, that was one of the more stupid penalties I've seen. Alves is a loose cannon.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Seemed like a dive to me, but meh, who cares.

Liep

Actually, this has been the most boring game I've seen between the two.

Barca, Barca, penalty, Barca, Barca, Barca, penalty, Barca, Barca, tie.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on April 16, 2011, 04:42:34 PM

Yeah, it wasn't big but Alves made a diving tackle without striking the ball while he poked Marcello. And the ref was probably scared about what the Madrid-papers was gonna call him tomorrow.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 16, 2011, 04:44:51 PM
Actually, this has been the most boring game I've seen between the two.

Barca, Barca, penalty, Barca, Barca, Barca, penalty, Barca, Barca, tie.

It's a game that has been utterly devalued since before it began. Real Madrid know they can't win the league, but they stand a chance in the following games, so the only thing they have at the stake is the team's honour. If it finishes with a draw everybody goes home mildly content and ready for the way more important games that will take place later.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 16, 2011, 04:47:51 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 16, 2011, 04:42:34 PM

Yeah, it wasn't big but Alves made a diving tackle without striking the ball while he poked Marcello. And the ref was probably scared about what the Madrid-papers was gonna call him tomorrow.

Yeah, and the fact that the ref seems to be trigger-happy doesn't help. He carded Valdés for that play and I still don't know why.

Liep

He also carded Pique for that uncalled penalty in the first, so I assume Valdes got it for the same reasons: arguing against the ref.

Liep

Also, what is up with Villa? He looked like a sack of patatoes.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 16, 2011, 04:53:01 PM
He also carded Pique for that uncalled penalty in the first, so I assume Valdes got it for the same reasons: arguing against the ref.

Yup, that's a safe assumption. Never trust the refs with slickily combed back hair.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 16, 2011, 04:55:50 PM
Also, what is up with Villa? He looked like a sack of patatoes.

He's going through a heavily dry spell. Two months without scoring or so.